"There's a ghost on the ship!"

Rose widens her eyes at the explanation as if it's news to her. "You're serious?! What's the ghost doing?!"

He looks through the telescope to see that she's fixing the holes on the outside of the ship, that were roughly patched. He raises an eyebrow at the sight before he turns to Rose. "It looks like it's fixing the ship, but why?"

Rose shrugs as she looks around the proclaimed holy land. "Even though this land was originally from Jaya, a 'god' lives here. Maybe the god gave the land holy properties over time."

Usopp can only tilt his head at the weird explanation. "What does that mean?"

"It means that Merry's spirit might be able to come to life on holy land."

The sniper widens his eyes at the possibility and looks back at the little ghost. "You're saying that's Merry?!"

Rose nods before she looks back at the campsite, that's far enough to keep the crew out of their hearing range and sees that they're still sleeping. "Yea, let's go ask her."

Usopp silently nods as she brings them onto the deck of the boat just when the little ghost floats up to the railing.

Merry tilts her head at the pair before she smiles at the group. "Hi there."

Usopp silently gulps as he walks up to the spirit and tries to touch her, but his hand immediately goes through her. "Merry, is that really you?"

Merry giggles at the question as she floats next to him. "That's right! I'm glad I could talk to you like this Usopp."

Once the sniper knows who she is, he starts brightly smiling at the sight. "I can't believe it's you! This is awesome!"

"How long can you stay like this?" Rose asks with an excited grin on her face.

Merry grins at her friend's acting skills before she looks up at the dark sky. "I only have until sunrise. I'm working to fix up some things before we head down."

Usopp blinks at the explanation before he looks at the deck to see that it looks almost brand new. "Can I help? I know my repair work isn't the best but-"

He stops when he feels something cool on his head and looks to see that Merry's patting him on the head. "You did a good job. Your repairs helped me get this far, and for that I want to thank you. I'd love to work with you."

"Merry..." Usopp nearly tears up at the praise before he starts grinning with determination. "Alright, let's make you as good as new! I'll go get my tools!"

He runs inside to get his tools while Rose softly grins at the exchange.

The wind girl turns to the spirit before she waves at her. "I'll leave you two to catch up. I should get going before the others wake up."

Merry softly frowns at her friend's recklessness before she floats in front of her. "Can you promise me something before you go?"

"What is it?"

The ghost looks to the direction of the sleeping crew, who are barely visible from the fog. "Try to give them a chance."

Rose widens her eyes at the request, because she knows that she means telling them her secret. She quietly sighs as she follows her gaze to their friends. "I can't now, but when the time's right I will."

Merry happily grins at the agreement before she starts getting back to the damage. "Thank you, and thanks for playing your guitar for me. I had fun."

Rose chuckles at the gratitude before she starts floating. "My pleasure, when we get off the island I'll play for you again. I'll see you later Merry."