"Where is that water? It's been like ten mintues. . . did you guys die or something?"

Zoey and I both laughed at Cassie. "We should probably get back to getting ready." Zoey suggested and I agreed. "Promise me you won't ever tell him?" She asked our eyes locking.

I was hesitant but I nodded anyway. "I promise."

---

"You look stunning Scarlett!" Cassie squealed beside me, "Don't steal my thunder." She giggled.

I was wearing the navy blue dress that Ava and I both picked out. My blonde hair was tied up into a ponytail, and I had on a little more makeup than I usually did but it still wasn't too much.

"Oh stop!" I told Cassie, "Would you look at yourself. . . you're so stunning." I said and I really did mean it. Cassie's hair was in perfect waves and her makeup made her green eyes pop beautifully. "That red dress on you. . . wow."

Cassie blushed at me. "Are sure it isn't too bold?" She looked down at her dress tilting her.

"No." I shook my head, "It's your eighteenth birthday!" As soon as I woke up I had called Cassie to wish her a happy birthday but there was no harm in telling her again. "I love you, happy birthday." I said pulling her into a tight hug.

"The boys are here." Ava informed Cassie and I as she popped her head quickly into the room. "Come downstairs both of you. Scar, Jace is waiting for you." She winked at me and I rolled my eyes.

Cassie started to walk away, but she turned around and pulled me along with her. We both made our way downstairs. Jace quickly pulled me into a hug, wrapping his arms tightly around my body. "You look amazing." He whispered in my ear. I couldn't control myself from giggling.

My cheeks turned slightly pink as I said, "You look amazing too." He really did look amazing, I was a lucky girl. Jace's all black suit fit around his body nicely.

"Okay everyone come in for a picture." Cassie's mother squealed.

Cassie rolled her eyes at her overly excited mother. "Is that very necessary mother?" She asked shrugging her shoulders.

"Yes of course! You're never too old for pictures with your friends." She smiled at us and we all laughed in response. I stood beside Jace and Ava, we all gave our biggest smile as the camera flashed with bright white lights. "Okay I think I got some good ones." Cassie's mom mumbled looking down at her camera. "The limo will be here any second now. Everyone get ready."

---

The limo ride to the banquet hall was about a half an hour but it felt like ten minutes, because we were all having such a good time, and if I was going to be honest that was the first time I had ridden in an actual limo.

As soon as I walked in I already so many people laughing and dancing along with the music. There was a large balloon that read 'Happy Eighteenth Cassie!' I turned around looking for Jace but I only saw Blake standing there with two cups in his hands. His eyes met mine and he walked over toward me. "Hey Scar! Want a drink?"

I nodded my head, quickly taking a sip. "Wait did you poison it?" I laughed. Blake laughed back at me hysterically which seriously made me question his sanity. "Jeez Blake we've only been here for a minute and you're already drunk?"

He shook his head slowly. "I'm not drunk silly." He mumbled taking another sip.

"Of course you aren't." I sighed and my mind went back to the conversation with Zoey. I promised her I wouldn't tell Blake but it really felt like he maybe needed to know. "No." I whispered to myself. It was definitely not my place to tell him.

I desperately looked around the room for Jace. I finally spotted him, slowly but surely I could feel myself calming down. "Jace is calling me. I'll see you later." Blake looked back at me utterly confused but he shrugged his shoulders and walked away.

"Hey babe do you want to dance?" Jace asked smirking at me. But if I was going to be honest I couldn't really dance.

"I can't-"

"Whatever Scar." Ava cut me off. I looked at her surprised. "Come on, dance with us!" Ava pulled Jace and I both onto the dance floor.

At this point I didn't care about what I looked like, all I knew was that I was having a blast with my best friends. I moved my body to the beat of the music laughing and smiling. "Hey guys I had the weirdest day-dream?" Blake suddenly spoke up.

"What is it now dude?" Leo asked Blake as he rolled his eyes. "Did Megan try to kill you again?" He laughed as so did everyone else. Leo could never let that go he found it so funny.

"No." Blake shook his head laughing, "I always have these crazy ideas-"

"Should I tell him now Scar? Or do you want to tell him?" We all quickly turned around to see Vanessa standing there with Megan behind her with her head hung low.

"Megan?" Blake questioned, "What are you doing here? Cassie didn't invite any of you."

I nervously looked over at Cassie, and she shook her head. "Please stop Vanessa, it's Cassie's birthday." I begged her desperately because sadly I knew where this was going, and I didn't want Jace to find out this way.

"Okay and?" Vanessa snapped, "You ruined my life and took my friends away from me. Now I'm going to do the same to you." An evil smile spread smoothly across her lips. All I wanted to do in this moment was run away from all my problems.

"What the hell is she talking about Scarlett?" Jace questioned and I could tell he was getting angry.

"I think you're pathetic Scarlett." Vanessa hissed at me. "I mean the only reason Jace ever liked you over me is because you stole his diary." At this point Vanessa was close to screaming and everyone got silent, the music even got quieter. "I saw you reading it today. Are you a stalker or something? You read everything about Jace that's why he fell for you. You already knew everything about him, so naturally he probably thought you guys had a lot in common. I can't believe you would play your own boyfriend like that." She laughed in my face. "You're a pathetic stalker. You invaded his privacy." Vanessa looked around. She pointed toward me in a taunting matter. "I knew Scarlett isn't who she said she was, or should I say Balir?"

Vanessa finished and all I could feel was the tears rolling down my cheeks.

---

AHHH I feel bad but Scar needed to get exposed lol! Anywho TWO CHAPTERS in one week whooo. I'm really trying to write a lot before school starts in september so expect more updates soon!!