Too good to be true!!

We met in Belfast where we spent two days and I saw him perform, which I haven't since Las Vegas and it's always a joyous experience. We then headed to Scotland and his beloved Glasgow where we would spend two weeks before flying to London to spend New Year's Eve with his friends that he is eager for me to meet.

The time spent in Scotland is amazing. The time of our lives. I totally fall in love with the country, Glasgow, his house, the whole laidbackness of the lifestyle and with his family.

The days are spent taking long walks in the snow in the beautiful countryside even in winters time, enjoying the many Christmas markets in the city and outside drinking hot wine, eating caramel dipped popcorn or my new favorite dark chocolate warm fudge. We go sledding in the Kelvingrove park with his nieces and nephew, attend an intimate concert with Belle&Sebestian, he cooks me a traditional Scottish meal one evening which I truly enjoyed especially the hotch-potch and the teacakes. Heavenly. Then there were days we just enjoyed being inside because there was plenty to do at his estate. There is a full-on library there, a music room, a studio where he produces and makes most of his music and a swimming pool amongst other things. It really is an essential estate without being too much or showey. It's still very him. :)

H: This really is an adventure. I mean its magical here. It's so stripped down and pure, organic you know...

He was watching me intently, enjoying me talk about his country, city, estate  

... Its as far as it can be from the busy glitzy New York. I love it here Liam. It might be the best vacation I have ever had... Thank you for inviting me.

L: Thank you for wanting to come. 

We smiled and he came over to sit with me on the sofa. We were outside on his terrace that was closed with glass windows and overlooking the picturesque countryside. He lifted my legs and put them down on his lap as he sat. 

L: I thought Ibiza was the best vacation you've ever had.

H: - smiled because I understood what he meant - Of course it is. After Ibiza then...

We smiled and moved in closer...

Later when we were lying in bed he said

L: But seriously it means everything to have you here with me.

I smiled, again delighted by his honesty and sincerity. Everything he says and does is so pure, it has no filters, it comes straight from the heart. 

For Christmas Eve I entered the Hayes household with Liam by my side. I was met by the whole Brady brunch who I have a feeling have been waiting for me for days, maybe even months hehe. 

I got introduced to mother, Josefine, a cute small woman with red lipstick, short grey hair that suited her perfectly and an impeccable style. She was very Scandinavian. Liam had her kind eyes I noticed. And the father, Thomas, a tall and handsome man with manners and gestures in its perfect place. The oldest sister, Elisabeth and her husband Benjamin and kids Jemma and Lucas who adored their uncle Liam. And lastly the middle sister, Martha, who was an exact replica of her mother, and her husband Ryan and their daughter Louise who was also her uncles big fan. 

He was the fun, crazy uncle that was game for anything they purposed no matter how silly the game or idea. But he was also the uncle that babysat them when available, that learned them to play instruments, changed diapers when they were younger I learned and read them bedtime stories. 

His mother said as we got introduced by the door ,,We were wondering who was making him smile so much. I don't think I have ever quiet seen my son smile like that."

:,,Okay... enough embarresing. She just got here."

They had great humor amongst them, the whole family. You could see how much they were enjoying each others company and that this was a humble and lively and a very much loved household. They made me relax and comfortable from the minute I walked in and I really enjoyed myself in their company. After dinner and getting to know each other and a lot of laughs and childhood stories, which I appreciated so much. :) And after Liam had to go and read the kids a bedtime story. (My heart is so full I can't even express into words how much) we played Scrabble. Another hilarious event with the Hayeses. 

After dinner when Martha and I were in the kitchen putting the dishes into the dishwasher she started to tell me things... :) 

M: I mean I know my brother, he has dated before and we got to know it long after it ended so it probably didn't mean that much to him right? 

I was just looking at her, smiling while probably blushing a little

... But with you. He called the day you left Ibiza.

I nodded.

M: And the way he was talking about you. I knew it right away. That this was something else. I mean just that he called is a big deal. But then also what he said and how he said it. He was all out of it. All jigger. It was weird to see my composed, stoic brother like that. Out of balance you know.

I smiled again

H: We fell for each other pretty quickly. He is an amazing guy.

M: He definitely is - she smiled 

When we parted in the morning hours his mother said to me while hugging me tightly goodbye, J: Oh my sweet girl, you are better than all the stories... I am so glad we finally got to know each other. 

That made me shad a tear, that may be the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me.

In the taxi home, lying in each other's arms in the back seat, both quiet for the last part of the ride after having talked about tonight's events and concluded what an amazing bunch of people his family is.

  I was stunned and in love with him by the hour. I mean a talented international DJ with a degree in economics and business. Works out and drinks vitamin water. Likes quietness and reading books especially at his estate in Glasgow where he is surrounded by his close family. A family that is so humble and loving. 

He is the most genuine, honest and warmest guy that I have ever met, let alone dated. And to top all that he is wildly handsome and cute in one and the same man. It's really too good to be true.  

  H: You are the most sincere heart I have ever come across upon...