everyone has a past... even the nice guy

Nikki, Leah and I were out with some friends one night. Two of them worked with Leah, one was Nikkis' niece visiting Nyc and the fourth, Leslie, has been in an interview today at my agency for a position. The interview was so great, we clicked immediately and I think I am going to hire her. She just finished school and moved here from Chicago as she didn't know anyone I invited her out with us. To meet new people and mingle but also to get to know her better before she becomes my employee.

Halfway through the evening one of Leahs' friends was talking about how she went out clubbing for the first ever. She had been in a longterm relationship and missed out on the whole clubbing scene as she says. But now as a newly single 35-year old, she has again started to go and she loved it. That led to her starting to listen to House and EDM music. And now she is totally into it but is feeling all stupid when going out because she feels too old for that "I mean there are basically kids dancing beside me... and I am like I could be your mother. But then again I am really enjoying the music." We were laughing by her stories and the way she was telling them, she was great, hilarious, no filter. Much like Leah. :)

Then she wanted us to listen to a song

C: Oh, here it is... It's amazing. I swear its not just like push and play. There are some really dope songs, some of them have even great lyrics and some soul... - she smiled trying to convince us while scrolling further on her phone - Oh, and Leo West is great. A real artist. Listen to this one - and she pushed played on one of Leos' songs that I recognized immediately.

I stopped chewing my Pinchos and froze for a second like I didn't know what to do or say. Did they know?

,,And he is hot" - she added never looking at any of us, just on her phone

,,Isn't he dating Thea... the former "Boss" singer now turned DJ" - Nikkis' niece asked looking at me unintentionally

I shrugged, lost looking to Nikki for help, but she is looking at me with the same lost expression

H: I don't know. - I said as I turned back to the table and was wiping my mouth with a napkin - I don't think so - said quietly.

He is really hot - the other friend said as she was googling him - Look at this!

I hope to God there are no pictures of me there or info for that matter. I wasn't into talking about Leo and me. I didn't know where we stood. And even more so I don't like to talk about my personal stuff to acquaintances. And I know for a fact that Leo is very private about his life too so I wouldn't do anything to put him in awkward or unwanted situations.

H: Yeah - Nikki, Leah and I were quiet, looking at each other. Leslie looked at me but didn't say a word, just smiled politely. I appreciated actually her not saying much. She doesn't know anything of course but, for not engaging in the convo about the hotness of my boyfriend because I really liked her and wanted to hire her. 

We shared a cab home

H: Thank you for not saying anything about Leo West

Leslie: You're welcome

She smiled and gave a weird look, almost apologetic. I got suspicious. 

H: Do you know about Leo West and me?

L: I... this is so crazy... but, I... and this is a loooong time ago you should know that... but, ehm... my sister hooked up with him like when they were in college. She spent a New Years in London and I don't know they met and hooked up. This is like prior to him becoming a globally known superstar - laughed nervously -

I just sat there fake smiled with a total lost look. Oh Wow. Of all the things I didn't expect to hear that today and from her. 

L: And when you called me for the interview I googled you, of course, to find out about you, you know to prepare and to impress you and whatever. And I came across some pictures and stuff of the two of you and today at the interview I saw the flowers Love Liam. And since my sister knows him as Liam. I kinda put two and two together. I am really sorry. This is so dumb. And I hope it doesn't ruin my chances to work with you. Because you are amazing and I really admire you and we hit it off I felt today. I would love to work for you. My sister can be a real bitch sometimes I know.

I relaxed and laughed a little bit 

H: You're too sweet.

She seemed to relax and smiled as well, but still holding on to the nervous

H: That was a long time ago Leslie and frankly it has nothing to do with you or me for that matter or your working skills - tried to lighten the mood

L: It really doesn't. 

H: And I will make a decision on Monday as I said, of course not taking into consideration any of this, but I would appreciate it if we keep this between us especially my relationship with Liam, regardless if you get the job or not.

L: Yes, of course, Harper. 

H: Thank you.