Surprises come in all shapes and forms

L: Hello

H: Morning!

L: Good morning!

H: I saw you called

L: I said I would

H: Sorry. I fell asleep.

L: It's ok.

A little silence, both smiling on each end

H: I was a little disappointed ... no rambling voicemail.

L: Yeah sorry. I had to board... I mean... So what are your plans for the day?

Hæ? Board? Board what? Didn't he call when he landed last night? That's weird.

I ignored it. I mean who I am to interrogate him. He could be having girls in all cities of the world so doesn't know which lie he served to who.

L: Harper?

H: Yeah! Sorry... Ehm... My plans... Hmm... well since its Tuesday and I have no job to go to I think I'll just... sit and drink coffee for three hours, have a looong breakfast, take a walk in the park, maybe read a book about how the fuck get my freaking business started... you know the usual. You?

I was bitter from before just by mentioning work and the real shit that I am in. And now his lying is pissing me off more than it should.

L: Any chance you wanna do that with me?

I stopped.

H: Do what with you?- confused

L: Drink coffee, have breakfast, take a walk in the park, read books

I quickly got off bed.

H: Wh? Wait... Wha?... Whats going on? Where are you?

L: I am at Bluestone Lane... I think this is West Village.

H: WHAAT??! You're in New York??

L: Yes Mam.

H: OMG! You're in fucking New York. How? WHen? Nooo... wait. Wait there. I'll be down in 15

L: Ok

I hung up while breathing heavily, sweating and fast pacing through the apartment looking for my clothes, phone, wallet, grabbing my bag, putting shoes on.

I frantically ran to the cafe which was only a block from where I lived. And when I turned the corner he was sitting and fidgeting on his phone, his back to me.

I stopped, calmed down, shook my hands, stretched my neck, took a deep breath and started walking slowly towards him. All cool.

As I was approaching him I was admiring him. He was really handsome. Very masculine built. I loved his broad shoulders, especially when his arms were around me, and then the cute features and the softest, warmest smile ever.

God, I am screwed.

I put my hands over his eyes as I came to stand behind him.

H: Guess who?

I could sense he smiled.

L: A beautiful new yorker

H: No

L: Eh... the coolest girl I've ever met

H: That's true, but no

L: Aaa now I know... the girl with the dick drawn on her face

I removed my hands and stood there, he turned around in one swift move and got up

H: How did you know? – I joked while shrugging my shoulders