Chapter 6: Rivalry

Start from the beginning

~~~

Marina was just about at the door, when she suddenly heard footsteps getting closer. She turned to see Pearl rushing over with the tray of food.

Quickly, they both barged in through the door to see he wasn't there.

They didn't hear the noise, but they noticed the sound of the shower turning OFF. They tried to quickly set the food down and leave, but they both stumbled over each other and fell onto the floor, landing on each other. The sound of a door opening could be heard. Both Pearl and Marina could both be found slowly looking up towards the doorway, blushing. Then they saw it...

He was wearing a towel.

(Y/N) was blushing a lot, not as much as them, and quickly shut the bathroom door in front of himself.

(Y/N): What are you two doing in here?!

Pearl and Marina were trying to get up now, both still blushing.

Marina: W-we were trying to bring you breakfast, b-but didn't hear the shower running.

Pearl: We b-brought breakfast.

Pearl gave a slight/shaky chuckle.

(Y/N): Really, thank you both, but still, can you guys leave now? I still need to get dressed, and my clothes are out there.

Pearl: We don't mi-

Marina hits Pearl with her elbow, then starts shoving Pearl out of the room.

Marina: Pearlie! Yes, we're going now.

(Y/N) POV

(Y/N) could hear the door out there shut. He made sure to peek out first, to make sure they were gone.

They were.

He then left the bathroom and got dressed.

He saw the DELICIOUS looking breakfast they had both made him.

After eating it all, he headed down stairs to clean the dishes.

When he got down there, he noticed they were both just sitting on the couch looking REALLY tense.

(Y/N): Are you two okay?

They both jumped like they had just seen a ghost.

Marina: Yep! Yeah, everything's fine.

(Y/N): Suuuuure.

He then continued to the kitchen to clean the dishes.

Pearl peeked over for a second, then turned her head around really fast.

Pearl: Ooh, which one did you like more?

(Y/N): Huh?

Pearl: The food?

This got Marina's attention, to where she was now also looking over.

(Y/N) felt super embarrassed not knowing what to say or what was going on.

(Y/N): *Rubbing the back of his neck* I-uh, well I really like both of them, I don't think I could choose between them.

Pearl: Suck up.

Pearl turns around and folds her arms.

Marina: Pearlie! She's joking.

(Y/N) laughs a bit, then feels something buzz in his pocket. He takes out his phone, looks at it for a few seconds, then puts it back in his pocket.