APOLLO美丽システム「MODELING AGENCY」

8 June 2003

The weather has been adjusted to a sunny 75 degrees, zero humidity and a light breeze, pleasing to the senses. The Director poses his model against the Totoro topiary. She does not move fast enough for his liking, and he pushes her over. She collapses to the ground. He does not apologize; only insists that she beef up and learn to stand on her own two feet. Says 'thin is no longer in.' The model tries to hold in the tears. The Director threatens her career and she straightens up. Beckons the makeup artists to fix her eyeliner. Complains about the Roman temple in the background being asymmetrical in the shot. Calls for his assistant to bring him Blk water. The water boy also brings a glass filled lightly with ice. The Director thanks him, commenting that he is 'the only one worth a damn, and more than likely the only irreplaceable one, on this whole photo shoot'. The virtual backdrop experiences a few glitches. The Director groans obnoxiously, then implores a technician to perform a regular security scan on the system and to adjust the position of the temple, or even remove it completely, if it weren't a Pantheon of Goddesses shoot meant to appease the pagan followers of the Divided States.

24 July 2010

"What a fallen world we live in, Jason. This nation has not lived for the one true God in forever. I can no longer convince myself that I wish your mother was still alive... she has been saved from the abomination of living in this day and age. Back when I lead Mass for the church, we prayed daily that the world would not come to this, but alas! These false idols, these false teachings - son, tell me you haven't been affected by them in any way. The kids these days have their heads in the clouds, always doped up and distracted by the indoor theme park/roller rink/mega-mall/virtual NEXTBIGTHING they have on every corner. I want you to be successful, Jason. Don't fall in with the wrong crowd. Stay pure, abstain from evil thoughts and the trappings of this world. Pray to Jesus for forgiveness so you escape the flames of hell, pray to your Saint daily, confess to God your sins, or face damnation along with the rest of this wicked land!"

26 March 2014

"We're here to expose this Internet propaganda machine, not sip on lean!" Naomi scolded. "You've had your share of soirees, while I've barely had any. Besides, it was me who saved your ass from becoming a brainless deadbeat in that endless maze, and I still haven't received a proper thanks yet," he retorted. "If by proper thanks you mean 'getting laid', then you're a skeez. If you mean a real thanks... then thank you. I really mean it." Jason smiled at her, taking the time to step back and appreciate just how real she always was with him. "Hey Naoms, I've got a serious question: why do you think we were chosen for the program?" Naomi stroked her chin, and slowed down her pace to look at Jason as she talked. "Well, in my humble opinion, it's your disillusionment with our nation's blissful ignorance, and it's my natural ability to navigate any and all social settings. I mean, a polyglot, half-Japanese girl with charm and good looks in Tsunenaga dynasty America? I'd be successful in any mission I'm given!" Jason just laughed. "Your humble opinion, huh?" Naomi laughed at that, too.

Fact: The sizzurp was pourin' and the music was roarin'. Houston, Capital City No. V, also known as the District of Food/Drug and Health Sciences, was the easiest place to bootleg promethazine in that time. Popularized by 90s rappers, and re-popularized by ironic Internet graphics, it became a national sensation upon decriminalization, and a contributing factor in the pacification of the Divided States. 

"Now I've got an introspective question for you: why are we so eager to dope ourselves up? What is it people today are trying so hard to escape from?" Naomi asked. Jason thought for a moment. "Who knows," Jason replied, "it could be many things coming into play: propaganda, leisure, painful truth in reality. Why?" Naomi kicked a desert rock. "It's just that drug usage today is so weird. I used to smoke weed alot at the begiining of high school - don't judge me - and when my friends and I got high, our minds were elevated, not depressed. We had ideas, and dreams, and thoughts and we wanted to go places and actually do things. It wasn't an escape for us, it was just something that helped open us up to what we can make our reality into." "But now it's become a crutch, right? People are doped up and living in an A.D.H.D. fantasyland. They're neglecting responsibilities and giving little care to who's really running things." Naomi nodded. "Mmhmm. And that's where you and I come in."