C O D E I N E W I T C H ~ (LJTK420HKSS demo)

16 July 2009

Adelyn Tanaka was ambitious as anyone could be. Ever since she was a little girl, she dreamed of owning her very own restaurant. Sure, she didn't take the route she had initially planned to obtain it (she was named manager by a guy who won the business from a shady roller derby acquisition), but she knew it was a thriving business that needed an all-new staff. With the old manager dropping dead of a promethazine overdose in his sleep (after it interfered with his sleep apnea), she had to look into hiring a new team. She hired a team trained in various culinary disciplines: Kimmy, an expert on French haute cuisine and an eye for plating; Joffrey, a creative mind meant for fusion cuisine and a love of mixology; Corbin, an afficionado at sushi rolling and a man passionate about promotion and marketing; and Jasmine, an experienced hostess with an eye for trends in interior design and enhancing the restaurant experience. Her latest hire became her favorite: Ellis...or actually, "L.S.", but Adelyn preferred the first spelling, not knowing what the second really stood for. Ellis was not only a tech wizard, but a wiz at pairing flavors, seasonings, and beverages to meals. She did online promotion for the restaurant, even striking a deal with the major Sapporo Breweries Limited. Her latest idea was a beer and cheese tasting night, which Adelyn was fond of once she saw just how big of a turnout there was. L.S., by night, was the anonymous author Legalshipper33, who freelanced and even whose fiction was tinted with political sensibilities. If Adelyn had known about this double identity of Ellis', she would never have offered her the position to escape possible future controversy. But Ellis' relation with Sapporo did do wonders for Adelyn's career: Chien Le Boeuf (Dog the Beef) became an instant sensation, promoting by the monopolizing beer company, spreading to all 5 Capital Cities, and eventually internationally. L.S. knew how to read people, and to give them exactly what they want. It worked well for her, until she realized being a part of this industry was not what she was meant to do. Sapporo was taking the world by storm, and Adelyn was siding with them and the shogun-government. L.S. had a few things to say about their selling out to Japan and what was going on in the wards outside of the city. She knew continuing to work at Chien Le Boeuf would put her in direct relationships with those she detested (for their inaction more than their actions), and she wouldn't be able to control her words around them. She went rogue, leaving the restaurant industry suddenly and getting deeper into freelance writing. She wanted to find someone out there who believed in her cause, to liberate the Divided States from Japanese grip and become United again. To save the people in the outskirts of the city, starving and downtrodden. Someone.

5 October 2003

"Okay Jermaine, we're going to get one good take of you rapping with the burning Houston scenery behind you. Go through the whole song, and then your video editor guy is going to piece all of the takes together and make it badass. Copy?" Jermaine nodded. Ever since he was discovered after handing out his mixtape to the daughter of a major music industry mogul, he was excited to finally get his voice out to the world and air out his grievances against the shogun-government. He knew producing an album with such strong dissenting political opinions could be dangerous, but knew it'd be worth the risk, and maybe even be anthemic for the rebel cause one day. "Okay, basically the Capital City is on fire and it's because the shogun-government brought this destruction upon itself. There's a shot of the burning city hall in the back. Just rap the whole song, from start to finish, look angry and ready to wage war. And we're rolling in 3...2...1..." Jermaine got his mean mug on and dealt some Muay Thai blows over the intro drums of the Baltimore club beat.

Intro: I told y'all I'd be back, y'all thought I was playing. Haha! Now I'm on top, all you niggas who told me I'd never make it probably got obliterated by our government or something when they purged the country. Haha. Leggo.