(07) In that moment,

The dark green walls of my room was illuminated by the light spilling out from the one window. Raindrops were falling since some time earlier. It was tranquil earlier but now it had become tempestuous. I could hear the rain hitting against the windows creating little noise that resembled murmurs. It was the only noise between us aside from our soft breathing. Despite the time being late into the night and early into the morning, we were both awake. The atmosphere felt ideal to an introvert such as me. The calming sound of the rain, the cold crisp air and the late time. It almost felt surreal.

"Peridot?" Lazuli spoke, shifting from her current position to an alternate one where she could face me. It would be difficult to keep a position so I sat up from my makeshift bed to look at her. Her blue eyes reflected the moonlight and it felt like there was more in her eyes. It was like the ocean was contained in her irises. It pulled me in, it invited me. It was calling me out, like Lazuli.

"Yeah?" I kept my eyes on hers and she kept hers on me. Her eyes were alluring and kept pulling me into a trance and pulled me out of our conversation. She looked away and I felt devoid of something. It was like her eyes fulfilled my emptiness.

"Did... did it mean anything to you?" She asked and I was confused as to what she was referring to. What was "it"? She was staring at another piece of matter that was not her nor was it me but something else that had her mind. I could not bother to be informed what it was that had her attention. To her dissatisfaction, I could only return a reply which was a confused expression. "You know... that night when you were... drunk."

I didn't... know. I had no idea that it would matter this much. I though that Lazuli could just take it like it was nothing. I expected her to simply dismiss it. I was wrong to think that she could just let go of it. "I... I don't know. I'm not sure if I can even..." I stood up and sat next to her on my bed. "I'm not sure if I can give you an answer... not even one you don't want." I looked at her and she glanced at me in a moment. In that one moment I saw weakness. In that moment I only did what I felt was right. I moved closer and wrapped my arms around her and she returned the action. We stayed like that for a few moments.

"Please don't... leave me.. I don't have anyone anymore."

In the heat of the moment, I did what I felt was right but would only end up being as hurt as Romeo and Juliet. "I won't." I got the blankets and pillows I had left on the floor and set them in the remaining space of my bed that Lazuli had not occupied. I tucked myself in and faced Lazuli.

We were quiet, our cheeks tinted pink. I could barely see her but the dark skies that poured out gave light to her face. I was once allured by the same blue eyes I could recognize was Lazuli's so well. She closer her eyes and I had nothing to entrap myself no longer. I allowed myself to be vulnerable to the grasp of deep slumber.

. . .

I awoke to a bright orange sky that was transitioning from the dark hue of night to a blue that was like shallow waters, light blue. I looked to my side and saw that Lazuli was asleep and was snoring. Pft. It seems like I'm not the only dork in the house. I tapped her cheek and she did not budge one bit. I was about 10 minutes earlier than my alarm. It should be enough to wake her up. I wanted to slap her and I swear I'd have died laughing but nah.

I got up and picked out some clothes to wear. A white top, an olive green cardigan and black pants. I took my clothes and went to the bathroom which was conveniently next to my room. I felt the water run down my body and let myself drown in my thoughts. What was I doing? Making empty promises? Jasper had hurt Lazuli, I'd only hurt her even more. I got out after a few minutes. I changed into the clothes, tucking in the white shirt and putting on my cardigan. I faced the mirror and shaped my hair to what was coincidentally a dorito and a triangle. I got out of my bathroom and entered my room. I opened the door to see a groggy Lazuli sitting on my bed.

"Morning Lazuli." I greeted her and put on black socks. She didn't have clothes and so she had to borrow mine again. I gave her an olive T-shirt, a black bomber jacket and black pants. She borrowed my clothes twice now. She grabbed them and went to the bathroom. I went outside to the small kitchen and made 2 cups of coffee. Lazuli did not seem like a morning person in any way, I was too but I could deal with it. She wasn't early at all in most subjects according to rumors.

She emerged out of the bathroom sporting the clothes I lent her. She took a seat and took a sip of the coffee. I finished my cup and she had soon enough. She left our mugs in the sink and she made her way to the door, grabbing her backpack and any items she might've missed. I couldn't take my eyes off her, my clothes were like a perfect fit for her. I hadn't realized a smile had crept up my lips. I shook my head and rushed to grab my things and my keys. I saw that she had a smug look on her face once I got all the things that I needed.

"I, the infamous Lapis Lazuli, got the distant and aloof Peridot Greene to take a moment and stare. Even more, to smile." She joked to which I punched her arm in a joking manner. She bursted out giggling and snorting. We both got in my car and went our way to school.

. . .

It was  Mathematics next period and I was picking up my books. It was the same thing as everyday and like most days, a purple-haired person leaned on the locker next to mine.

"Amethyst." I acknowledged her presence to make sure she was not planning a stupid plan such as scaring me. "What do you want?"

"Oh nothing. I stopped by to ask if you'd care to make a comment." I shut my locker and looked at her.

"Comment on what?"

"A generous comment on the fact that Lapis has been to your house twice." She teased like the same tantalization I get but this was less of the tormenting side of things. "You used to have a crush on her man."

"Used to. That was before." I said, walking ahead of her as she attempted to follow my pace.

I didn't feel much for Lazuli. She was my old crush, an acquaintance, Jasper's ex and nothing else. I left my thoughts to be dealt with later, for now, I had to listen in class.

It was tiring though. As much as I'd want to get good grades, it was tiring. The process was stressful. Countless hours, I waste away for the sake of grades and education. I wrote notes as our teacher, Ms. Sugilite hit us with seatwork. Math was her weapon against us, like a wrecking ball or a flail. I had to do what was necessary and that was to answer that and occasionally help Amethyst. She was in my class for math, surprisingly.