Ch. 6 Got Upgrades?

"Time is of the essence, we must return you to the battlefield," exclaimed Percy or Chaos now, we realized.

"Why?" asked Leo tentatively, "Is there a time limit or something on when we can return to life?"

"No, they need you on the battlefield, the gods and their children will fall to our daughter without you heroes," Chaos said, but with agony etched in his expression.

Chaos raised his hand but Order stopped him with a glare.

"They are still only mortals, we must give them the ability to even attempt to defy our daughter," Order said exasperated as she crossed her arms, looking more like Annabeth than an omnipotent being.

"I'll take boys, you take girls?"

"Must you be so childish?"

Chaos pouted but nevertheless he snapped his fingers and disappeared, bringing Jason, Leo and Frank with him.

"Where did they go?" demanded Piper

Order frowned, "It seems you still do not trust us, we are the same as when you knew us as mortals, nothing has changed,"

"You don't get it do you?  Everything has changed, for better or for worse, I don't know!   But you are not the Annabeth I knew and that is definitely not the Percy I knew," Piper snarled,

Order cocked her head to the side, "You are correct in certain aspects," she admitted, but before Piper could speak, Order continued speaking.

"We were at one point the friends you knew.  But before that we were Chaos and Order, nothing can change that.  But that doesn't change our relationship with you.  Just understand that everything that we have done with you was true, nothing was faked to gain your trust," Order placed her hand on Piper's shoulder.  "Please Piper,"

The daughter of love's shoulders slumped, "I will try," she said sadly.

"Thank you," Order said gratefully,

"Now, the boys will be blessed by my husband and I will bless you two," Order paused, "Any objections?"

Before Hazel and Piper could speak, Order snapped her fingers and the two mortal's vision flashed white. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The boys appeared in a new room, the only difference was it was completely black, the only source of light was a blindingly bright white light in the center.

"What is this place?" Frank asked looking around questioningly.

"Just where the universe was created," Chaos said nonchalantly.

"Really? Why bring us here?" Jason asked in awe.  Leo just stared at the orb like he wanted to take a screwdriver to it.

"Because I wanted to and this is where the magic happened," Chaos smirked and pressed the palm of his hand to Jason's forehead.

Jason stumbled back but did not fall.  When he blinked, his eyes shifted to a deep violet color before flickering back to blue.

"What in the name of Pluto was that?" Jason asked, breathing heavily.

"The Blessing of Chaos, cool name huh?" Chaos laughed while doing the same to both Leo and Frank quickly.

"I just gotta ask, Anna-Order I mean, seems a lot more mature, why not you?" Leo asked, his trademark grin on his face.

 "It's the same deal with Apollo, millions of years, more like eons for me, everything evil in the world can change someone for the worst.  Sometimes, it is just easier to mask the pain with humor," Chaos spoke softly, years of wisdom and experience shining through his words.

"Moving on," Chaos waved his hand and three of the Seven were dressed in an outfit similar to Chaos and Order.  All three of them were wearing a black hood and cloak, covering their head completely. 

Their weapons also received an upgrade, Jason had a sleek new golden gladius that hummed with power, electricity sparking of the blade.  Frank had an elegant new bow, the bow itself was made of a black metal and the string shined like liquid silver.  And Leo had a massive warhammer, it was massive, but Leo lifted it up with ease, fire licking the ground as he caused the weapon to light itself on fire.

"Yeah baby! The lady killer got an upgrade!" Leo shouted, brandishing his new weapon in the air, narrowly missing his friends.

"With my blessing, you will be stronger, faster and more powerful, do not abuse this power or I will take it from you." Chaos said dead serious, his tone darkening the cheerful mood.

Then he perked up and said, "Now, who is ready to kick monster butt!" snapping his fingers and disappearing with the now much stronger demigods.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Five figures of immense power appeared out of nowhere in front of the demigod army, causing the armies to stop in surprise, every beings mouths and eyes were wide open in shock and in awe.

One of them stepped forwards.

"Now, everyone guess who got an upgrade!" Leo whooped, holding his warhammer high.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I got good excuses... Maybe...

School just started and I got a ton of hw.  Like come on, the first week of school? An ESSAY!?!

But here's a good chapter and I hope you enjoyed it, this story draws to a close so when this is done, I'm going to focus on SOTR and edit it too.

Dedicated to @falsealarms, formerly @troublings because she is an awesome chick, super cool and fun to talk to. Go check her out.

Catch ya on the flipside Pixels!

-PixelUp