Ch.4 The End is Near

And then there were two.

Two of seven.

Two of seven alive.

The greatest questing team assembled, of the most unlikely people.

A responsible Roman leader,

A unique daughter of Love,

A hyper, yet lonely mechanic,

A hero with a life full of tragedy,

A cursed girl out of time,

A brilliant architect,

And a shape shifting son of War.

These were the greatest heroes, but alas, the only ones who hadn’t survived.

In the end, there were only two standing.

Greatest daughter of Athena, architect of Mount Olympus itself, a survivor of Tartarus.

Tartarus

Who could imagine the horrors she experienced down in that hell pit.

And her boyfriend, the greatest hero to ever live.

You would be hard pressed to find a god who did not respect the son of Poseidon.

Monsters of all kinds wanted their revenge on him, for whoever managed to take down the legendary son of the sea, would be known to all beings, immortal and mortal alike.

And yet, they all still feared him.

For when he wielded his blade, no creature could stand against him.

But it became an entirely different story when he was fueled by rage.

Immortals themselves feared his wrath.

And his wrath fell upon his enemies that day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How would you feel, if you saw your closest friends, your family die in front of you?

The whirlwind of pain and anguish that seemed to never cease.

That is exactly what Percy Jackson felt.

Surrounded by his enemies, several laughed at him leeringly.

And all he could feel was rage.

He ran straight towards a hellhound, sliding under its lunge and raked his sword along its belly.

The hound melted into shadows but he was already charging his next monster.

In battle, he was pure destruction, no creature could stand against him. His sword was only a blur as he killed monsters with every swing.

His aura emanated rage, as he tried to fight his way to the giants that killed his friends.

Soon enough he reached Annabeth who was holding her own against Hippolytus, Bane of Hermes.

They fought back to back as they had always, protecting each other. His ADHD mind couldn’t help but think of how beautiful she was, even covered in dirt and monster dust, her blond hair cascading over her shoulders.

Percy dodged a spear thrust aimed at him, slashing down at the giant’s arm, opening up a large jagged wound but the earth just rose up and healed the cut.

“Don’t you see Perseus? This will only end in your death,” he laughed smugly.

“It might, but at least I will protect the ones I love and go down fighting!” he yelled back defiantly.