Ch.1 Death is only the Beginning

It all began with a mistake.

A fatal mistake.

Percy Jackson was already having a terrible day.
He arrived at the original Mount Olympus with the other Seven and called the Gods to help them.

They managed to unite the camps temporarily, and they had finally reunited with the Seven in Greece.

That was the only good news of the day.

The battle had went well in the beginning, gods and demigods working together to defeat the Giants.

Thalia and Artemis had already taken down Gration, the giant that was meant to replace Artemis.

Piper, Jason and Athena killed Enceladus again, something that really pissed the giant off.

And surprisingly, Leo and Poseidon defeated Mimas together.

Three giants disposed of.

And yet, if possible, the odds of winning seemed even lower than before.

Hephaestus was knocked out by Polybotes. The giants finally decided to use a strategy that would work. Pair up gods with giants that have an advantage over them.

Ares, of course, was actually the first god to be removed from the battlefield. All it took was one blast from the Giant King for Ares to create a new crater.

Personally, Percy was fine with that.

But things got even worse.

Jason and Leo, two of the Seven and two very powerful demigods were being held down by a newly reformed Cytius and Alcyoneus.

The rest of the Seven looked on in fear, scared for their fellow demigods.
Alcyoneus drew a knife, a pitch black, serrated knife with a golden handle.
He placed it at Jason's neck, the son of Jupiter staring back at the giant defiantly the entire time.

"Alcyoneus!" thundered a familiar voice.

Porphyrion stalked over to his brother, "How dare you sacrifice these demigods without me," he roared furiously, "I am the King and I will have the honor of waking up the Earth Mother!"

"So? I am the eldest!" argued back Alcyoneus.

"Girls, girls, your both pretty, now shut up and kill me already," came Leo's response as he butted into the conversation.

Both giants turned furiously to him. Leo's eyes widened. Not for the first time he cursed his ADHD.

"I would kill you, but we need a girl for this sacrifice," came Porphyrion's reply.

Piper stepped forwards. "I will take the place of Leo," she said calmly even though she was terrified on the inside. "Piper, NO!" rasped out Jason but it was too late. Clytius lunged forwards and grabbed Piper. He shoved her next to Jason hardly a shoulder width apart. "Now release him," Piper demanded. "I think not, demigod, I will let him watch his world burn as he is slowly killed by the Earth Mother."

"Piper why?" asked Jason, tears running down his face. Her eyes flashed multiple colors at once. "Jason, I love you, I will die with you today," she said thickly.

Porphyrion drew a sword from his hair and placed it at Jason's throat once again. "How sweet, admitting your love to each other right before you die," he mocked. "How about one last kiss before I destroy your puny world?".

Piper turned to Jason and grabbed his face, pulling him in for their last kiss.

Last kiss.

Piper almost broke down at that thought.

Soon, she would never kiss her love again, never see him smile, never hear him speak, never experience a future of them.

She put all her emotions into that kiss. Kissing him with as much passion she had, trying to remember each good memory of him.

It ended too fast for both of them.

They pulled away and stared into each other's eyes. Jason's, a bright sky blue. Piper's, a never ending, always changing barrage of colors that seemed to shine with every emotion possible.

"I'm sorry," Jason choked out.

At the same time when Porphyrion's sword slashed through his throat.

Piper gave a shattered sob as she caught Jason's falling body, his blood staining the ground.

"NOOO!" came the angry yell from Zeus. He fired his Masterbolt at the Giant King, an attack which should have left nothing but ashes.

Instead, Porphyrion just thrust his hand out and deflected the attack to Hermes, who dodged the attack with a indignant, "Hey!"

Percy froze, he failed.
He promised everyone would survive, everyone would return to their loved ones.

Now, it seemed that he had lied.

Jason, his Roman counterpart,
his friend,
his brother,

was dead.

And yet,

The day was about to get worse.

Much worse.

After all, it was only just the beginning.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey Pixels!
So a brief idea of this story. This is a short story, not some huge story like Son of the Rivers will be. Each chapter will be shorter as well, so this story will not be finished in 3 chapters.
Updates are sporadic, if I don't update SOTR, I will probably update this.

My B-Day is today as well!!!! A present of comments, votes and follows would be the best.

This chapter is dedicated to @Volleyballstar11 for commentating  on both my stories and just for being overall awesome.

Also, thank you guys for getting me so far in such a short amount of time.

Vote,comment and follow!

-PixelUp