26

I slept in late that morning, in fear of what Archie would say about Jason.

    Finally, it was too late and I knew I had to face the music. I got out of bed and went downstairs. I saw Archie cleaning up the Kitchen, he looked at me timidly, clearly trying to figure out if he should say something or not.

    "Just say it Archie." I walked into the room.

    "Why did everyone else know?" Not the question I was expecting.

    "Only the people who saw the book." I told him.

    "The book? You were in the playbook?"

    "A full 10." I rolled my eyes. "It's whatever, it's in the past so can we just drop it?"

    "Wait." He looked down hesitantly. "By what Chuck said... did he mean that Jason really raped you?"

    "Yeah." I nodded.

    "Hey come here babe." Jughead opened his arms for me. I sat down into his lap and wrapped my arms around him.

    "How did you find out?" Archie asked Jug.

    "I heard when Veronica told Y/n she knew." He answered.

    "Thanks Jug, for keeping care of her." Jughead nodded.

    Not long after we returned to making jokes but the previous conversation still lingered through the air. Every word spoken was tense but mine were tense for a different reason.

    Later, after we all finished breakfast Jughead and I went to my room to do Blue and Gold work and Archie stayed downstairs.

    Jug sat at the head of the bed with his legs spread open and me between them. I was adding some of my photos in the layout and we were laughing over another stupid joke that Jug told to pass time.

    I heard a knock at my door and I said to come in. I expected to see my brother or dad but instead, I saw my mom.

    "Mom?" I sat up. "What are you doing here?"
I got out of the bed and went over to give her a hug.

    "I figured I'd come over and see you and Archie." She said as she hugged me. "I've missed you."

   "I missed you too mom."

    The next day at school I was at my locker when I got a strange text from Alice Cooper to meet her at the Blue and Gold office. I was headed that way when I was stopped by Cheryl Blossom.

    "Y/n." She looked down at her feet. "I'm so sorry that I took part in the scheme that led to Chuck betraying your confidence. I didn't want it to go down like that."

    "Cheryl." I said angrily. "You trashed my boyfriends birthday party to get back and Betty and Veronica! Next time you have a grudge with them don't take it out on me and my boyfriend!" I pushed past her made my way to the Blue and Gold. When I got there Betty was stomping out angrily.

    "Mrs. Cooper?" I poked my head in to see her and Veronica. "What's up?"

    "Y/n, we think FP might have something to do with Jason Blossom's murder."

    "W-what?" I froze up.

    "Y/n, Jugheads dad has been paid by my dad to do dirty work before-"

    "We need you to find out," Alice interjected.

    "Hell no! I asked Jughead if he thought FP did it and he said no! FP didn't do it."

    "Isn't there some part of you that think it's possible that is the murderer?" Veronica tried to reason.

    "Not at all." I said before leaving the room angrily.

    It was lunch and we all sat outside as usual.

    "Okay, guys it's the middle of winter why do we sit outside?" I shivered. Jughead took off his coat and put it over my shoulders. Scooted closer to me and wrapped his arm around me and placed his warm hands on my cold ones.

    Cheryl had just approached us about her and Polly running for homecoming queen and queen and I swear that girl made the temperature drop 10 degrees. It felt like it was 30 degrees outside and my hands were freezing.

    "Guys about the homecoming dance, can I play a couple songs? I kinda told my mom that..." Archie looked between me and Betty since we were planning the dance and me and Betty looked between each other. "Whoa, you don't want me to?"

    "No, no it's not that, Archie, it's just, um... this dance needs to be...fun." She tried to say tensely. "And your songs, as amazing as they are..."

    "They make you want to slit your wrists." Jughead spoke up and earned a strange look from Archie. "In a good way." He smiled and I shivered. I slipped my arms through the sleeve of his jacket and he took off his hat and placed it on my head. I pulled it down over my ears and went back to the warmth of his arms.

    "In an amazing way." Veronica interjected. "But, no need to fret Betty cause Archie asked me to sing with him and we're thinking of doing some upbeat covers."

    "We are?"

    "Aren't we?"

    "Okay guys I would love to stick around and freeze my ass off but I'm gonna take her inside." Jughead said and stood up. We went back inside and he took his coat off of me and slid it in his locker. He went to take his hat off my head but I pulled down on it.

    "Please." I stuck out my bottom lip and gave him puppy eyes.

    "Just this once." He kissed my forehead.

    I went to the gym to help Betty with the dance and Jughead later came in with a box of lights.

    "Hey guys, why didn't you tell me about the dinner?" He asked. Betty and I looked at each other. "She said that it would be a good time for the three of us and our parents to get together. Did you not know?"

    "Of course we knew." I lied through my teeth. "We've just been busy, sorry for not running it by you." I took the box from him and kissed his cheek before he left.

    "What the hell is your mom trying to do."

Word Count: 1032