{15}

"My mom and dad don't want to get the police involved." Betty told us as we sat in the student lounge. "They don't want anyone to know that she ran away, or about her shameful condition."

"Please." Ronnie scoffed. "What decade is this?"

"Also, since she knew where Jason's getaway car was, they're afraid people might think that she burned it and that if she did"

"She could be the murderer, trying to cover her tracks."

"Who did burn the car, then?"

"Sheriff Keller says it's possible someone was following us."

"Oh, my God. Honestly, guys, we should just move." Ronnie suggested.

"Guys, what if Polly's really hurt? What whoever killed Jason is coming after her next?" She said on the verge of actual tears.

"Hey" I said taking her hand "I'll be okay Bets"

"Betty, even though your parents don't want to, maybe you should go to the police." Ronnie offered.

"Second it. We can talk to my dad together about how he has to be discreet." Kevin said. "No offense, Kev, but your dad answers to a higher authority than God" I told him.

"The Blossoms. They're the first people that he would tell." Jughead finished.

"And if there's anyone to keep this a secret from, it's the Blossoms. They'd twist it around and go after Polly out of spite." Betty said with a disgusted face. "How can we help? Tell us, B, and we'll do it." Veronica reassured her.

_________

    "So (y/n) how has your life been? Out of all of us you seem to be the most normal" Ronnie chuckled as Betty and I sat at my locker with her.

    "Yeah things have been as normal as it gets here.' I chuckled while pulling books out of my locker.

    "What about Jughead?" She smirked.

    "What about him?"

    "You two have been exceptionally not as cute lately, what's up?" She asked.

    "Nothing" I shrugged and turned into the hall.

    "Oh come on" Betty chimed in.

    "I'm serious, nothing is wrong I mean he is kinda pissed at me for sneaking around Thornhill without telling him but even that isn't a big deal."

    "I haven't seen you guys sitting or standing extremely close like normal or kiss or anything for weeks" Betty argued.

    "Guys, we are fine" I reassured them. "There is just a lot of stuff going on right now we are all stressed. I'll try to stand closer to him if it makes you guys feel any better" I chuckled before Kevin came up to us frantically.

    "You guys, oh, my God." Kevin said to us.

"What is it Kev?" I said with wide eyes.

"Cheryl just tweeted #PollyCooperKilledMyBrother, NowhereToHide, SharpenYourPitchforks."

    "Oh, no. We need to find Polly before the Blossoms do."

________

"Okay, the Sisters of Quiet Mercy are due north. The getaway car was west, on the Old Route 40." Betty told us.