20

I sat peacefully on top of the gravel hills that made up where The Twilight Drive-In used to lay. Ever since what happened with Betty I'd felt strange. It felt almost as if his weight was still pressed on top of me.

He was dead and he still haunted me.

I heard voices coming from the area near the trailer where my dad was. I quickly made my way across the piles of what used to be my beloved drive-in.

Jugheads POV

I was at Andrews Construction with Archie and a couple other guys to help Mr. A (mainly cause I didn't want (y/n) to get sent back home but also because Mr. A and Archie are like family to me. I was moving a barrel of gravel and cement before I heard a voice from behind me.

"Damn Juggie." The voice of my girlfriend said.

I turned around to see (Y/n) standing on the gravel hills. The sun shining behind her made her look angelic. She began to walk down the hill, at the end tripping very slightly, making me instinctively run to her.

"I'm okay Jug." She reassured me before leaning in to kiss me.

"That's why Dad said not to hang out up there anymore." Archie called out.

"Whatever dude." She rolled her eyes before smiling back at me. She was beautiful.

"Are you sure you're okay?" I checked with her.

"Yeah I'm fine babe." She said to me. "Okay I'm gonna go back to my dirt."

She went back from where she came from. We all worked until it got dark, we then went into Andrew's Construction Trailer. We all filed
in and grabbed drinks from the fridge until we saw the lights outside flicker and an all too familiar scream. I ran out first, with everybody following me behind me. I began sprinting when I saw (Y/n) still on the dark pavement.

"Y/n!" I yelled as I ran to her. I keeled at her side and Archie and Fred stood frantically behind me. "(Y/n), are you okay?"

"Jug." She croaked.

"Oh thank god." I sighed as I wrapped my arms around her.

"Is Moose okay?" She said worriedly.

"Come on babe." I said lifting her up and taking her over to where Moose was also sitting. (Y/n) had a large bruise on her cheek and the side of her leg was completely torn up. "(Y/n), how did this happen?"

"I-I heard Moose s-so I ran to him but I-I fell down the gravel and did that to my leg." She stuttered.

"What about your face?" I said lightly running my fingers over the bruise on her cheek.

"I went to p-pull them off of Moose and he hit me." She teared up just before the cop car approached us.

"What the hell happened?" Keller said as he got out of the car.

"Moose, over there, he caught a couple of guys working over my equipment with a crowbar and then they got the drop on him. And my daughter." My dad informed him.

"Who were they, vandals?" Keller questioned.

"Cliff Blossom has made it abundantly clear he would love nothing more than to see this whole project go belly-up." My father accused.

"I doubt that Blossom's gonna hire some thugs to bust up your site and beat up some teenagers." Keller responded skeptically.

"Maybe it wasn't him." Archie interjected. "I mean, this is Serpent territory, right? Maybe it was them. Pissed that they had to leave 'cause of this project."