"Okay, our turn." Katherine shifted on her cot. "Our journey was not as smooth as yours, unfortunately." She recounted how Matthew and Martha saved us and how we barely escaped with Charles and Christina when Lord Victor came after them. Indigo, Rachel, and Lucian listened with wide eyes as Katherine talked about the masked horsemen and tsked their tongues when they heard how I was almost seduced by Josephine.

"I was not seduced," I protested with reddening cheeks. "She drugged me."

"Well, she was dropping hints all day and you just never noticed," Katherine huffed, clearly still mad about the incident. Indigo looked at me with disapproval.

"That's not the important part; we still have to tell you about Charles and Christina." I hurriedly changed the subject and told them the tragic tale of the Wymond children. Then we got to the part where Katherine and I attempt to assassinate Indigo.

"You see, all along the way, villagers were telling us they saw groups of soldiers heading towards the Northern Mountains and that they suspected it was Lord Victor's new recruits," I explained. "Kath and I believed them. So when we saw your tents set up here, we naturally assumed that you were all working with Lord Victor."

"I told our soldiers to not stir up trouble!" Lionel, who had been silent the entire time, exclaimed with a hint of anger. "We passed by all the villages without entering. If I find whichever hooligan started the misconduct, I'll—"

"I think the villagers misunderstood our intentions." Indigo said, placing a calming hand on Lionel's arm. "We never entered the villages, and we didn't bother any villager. It's probably because no one ever dared to fight back against Lord Victor, so people naturally assume that all armies are working for Lord Victor."

"Anyhow, we're sorry we tried to kill you," I said sincerely. "Now that I see we're all on the same side—and alive—I can't believe Kath and I tried to assassinate you, Indigo."

Indigo smiled. "If you hadn't, we would've never found out the other party was still alive. And I didn't get hurt, so no hard feelings."

"I think I should also apologize," Lionel said awkwardly, stepping out from behind Indigo. "Katherine, I am sorry I stabbed you, and I am very, very sorry for how I treated you last night. I should've been more rational and levelheaded, and I was inhumane. I don't expect forgiveness, but I'm sorry."

"You were torturing her," I growled. "You were pretty inhumane to both of us."

Katherine touched my arm; her fingers trembled slightly. "Apology accepted, Lionel, though it'll be a while before I can see you as a friend and not a foe. But I must say, your swordsmanship is incredible; I have never met someone with your level of skill and speed."

"Same to you, Katherine. No one has ever been able to meet my attacks head-on, much less match me. Maybe we can duel again—as friends, of course—and learn from each other?" Lionel seemed sincere.

"Of course." Katherine smiled slightly. "I would love to."

"Now that all the misunderstanding is cleared up, I think we need a proper welcoming for Aaron and Katherine." Indigo looked very happy. "Let's throw a feast tonight in your honor."

By dinnertime, everyone in the camp knew that Katherine and I were part of the Rosewood Seven. Lucian and Rachel had to shoo away several groups of curious soldiers who were hanging around our tent. Indigo even brought over a wheelchair for Katherine.

"Do I look okay?" Katherine asked me worriedly while we were getting ready to attend the feast. I looked at her outfit: a dark blue bell-sleeved shirt, black leggings, combat boots, and her cloak. Her sword lied across her lap, and her hair was tied up in a simple high ponytail. "I want to make a good first impression."