Adrenaline ↦ Justin Bieber

"He says he's afraid of commitment, but he has tattoos covering every inch of his skin."

*

*

*

"Blaire," Amber said, breaking me out of my daze. "What?" I asked, not fully aware of what was going on. I mean, it's not every day your best friend climbs through you window at 2:00 in the morning. She kept rambling on about how I need to get out of the house more. She wants me to come to a party.

"I really think it'd be great if you'd come to the party with me," she stated, tugging at my blanket. She pulled my blanket off and I sat up. "Will you knock it off? I need to go to sleep. We have a final tomorrow and I cannot risk failing," I scolded, trying to pull my covers back up. "I know it's late, but the party doesn't start till three, and I was hoping that you'd come with me," she begged.

"Amber, I can't. And what kind of party starts at 3:00 am? I'm not going."

She flicked on my lights. I sat up, rubbing my eyes. "We can just go for an hour," she said in a convincing tone. "You know how I feel about parties. And plus, you know what happened last time I went to a party, and everyone hates my guts now. There's no way in hell that I'm going," I argued.

"Who cares what they think. Apparently, there's this really hot guy going and I need to meet him. Please!" she begged, again. I stood up from the bed and let out a deep sigh. "Fine, but we're only going for an hour," I grumbled.

I ran my fingers through my tangled hair, internally praying that nothing would go wrong. Last time I went to a party, I got drunk and taken advantage of. Photos of me were leaked all around the school, and my life is now ruined. I can't go anywhere without being called a skank, and I am just done with parties altogether. It's not fun being known as the school's skank, especially when I've never even gone all the way with a boy before.

"Let's get you fixed up. Do you want your hair curled or straightened?" she asked. I shrugged my shoulders, "I don't care, just hurry up so I can get this night over with."

---

"Come on Blair! Stop hiding your face, nobody from our school is here," Amber yelled. She pulled me down the sidewalk, yanking on my arm whenever I'd slow down. She finally stopped moving and I looked up. "This is supposed to be a party?" I asked, shocked. There was no one in plain sight.

"Ha, I kind of lied." She chuckled nervously. "What?" I asked, confused. "You know how I always tell you that you need to live life a little, and that you shouldn't let people ruin your life over one measly picture?" she said. I nodded my head and rolled my eyes. "Well, I decided that I would take you to this drag race thing. It's supposed to be fun," she chirped.

I widened my eyes in shock. "Amber, are you an idiot? I don't want to be here. Take me home, now," I demanded.

Cars started to show up. They were all very expensive looking. Does Amber really think that making me hang out with a bunch of delinquents will help my popularity raise? If anything, I will probably get teased more. People from my school think that I sleep with everyone. Hell, they even thought that I slept with my English teacher. Oh, and they also thought the same thing about my geometry tutor.

Don't you just love how everyone adores me so much? Note my sarcasm.

"Ooooh, ok. Now take a look at all the cars. What car do you think will win?" she questioned as she clutched onto my arm. She seemed so excited and I honestly have no idea why. "I don't know," I murmured. To be honest, I am very nervous.

The guys stepped out of their cars and I faced the opposite way. I have no intention in talking to any of them. I just want to get out of here.

After standing there for a few minutes, I felt a tap on my back. I jolted away and snapped my head around. A boy stood there, he had tattoos covering every inch of his arms and he had on a snapback. His eyes were breathtaking and his pants were sagging which I found very annoying. Why do boys think it's cool to hang their pants low? It's a stupid thing to do, if you ask me.

He stood there, smirking. "Uh, can I help you?" I asked in a harsh tone as I rolled my eyes. "Want to take a ride with me in my next race?" he rasped out as he raised his eyebrow. "Hell no," I spat, turning away from him. I felt something grab at my arm and I turned around once more. "Oh you're a feisty one," he mumbled.

A growl emitted from my throat as I thought up something smart to say. Who even knew that I would make such a noise, I'm usually so quiet and boring. He widened his eyes and said, "Easy girl."

I rolled my eyes, again.

Amber turned towards us and laughed. "See Blaire, you and him can go hang out. I told you that you'd have fun," she squealed out. I rolled my eyes and shook my head. "You better watch it babe. You don't want your eyes to fall out from rolling them so much, do you?" he said sarcastically.

"Can you just leave me alone?" I begged. "Just ride with me for one race. I promise I'll win for you," he pleaded. Amber suddenly walked away, leaving me alone with this creepy boy. "What you do is illegal and I will take no part in it," I yelled while shaking my head.

"What's your name?" he asked randomly, rocking back and forth on his heels. "Blaire," I said, and he nodded his head. "I'm Justin, and you're coming to race with me," he said as he grabbed my arm, pulling me towards all the fancy cars. I looked back at the sidewalk, trying to find Amber.

"Amber?!" I called out. This can't be happening. I'm trying to stay on the down-low, I do not need to be caught drag racing on the streets. Where's Amber when you need her?

***

New story.

Hopefully it was interesting?

Haha, please vote and comment?

This chapter was a little boring, but it'll get better. Promise.

Also, I don't know when I am officially starting this book. So the next update could be anywhere from a couple days to two weeks. (sorry) J L