Chapter 13

Four months later

I'm currently in the hospital in labor with Kapri. Ryan and I still aren't together. I'm not telling him I'm in the hospital giving birth to our daughter. I filed for divorce two months ago and Ryan won't sign the damn papers. The only people I'm letting in the room are my mom and dad and of course the doctor and the midwife. The kids are with Sadie at her house.

"It hurts so bad."

"I know princess." I feel a contraction coming on and I push after a few minutes cries fill the room. The midwife cleans my baby girl and puts her in my arms. The doctors take her back and do all their tests to make sure she's healthy. I get her back. I feed her and get her dressed. I put her in a pink onesie that says mama is my bestie with heart, pink and grey rose bottoms with a matching hat. I keep Kapri in the room with me.

"We will watch her while you get some sleep."

"Thanks." I hand Kapri to my dad and fall asleep.

Four hours later

I'm up to feed Kapri and the kids come to meet their new baby sister. Calvin goes to touch Kapri.

"Be careful." Calvin gives Kapri a kiss and Kapri tries to smile. Calvin laughs. The kids love Kapri. Soon the kids leave to go to bed. Deja throws a fit because she doesn't want to leave me.

"Deja you will see me in the morning."

"No mommy I stay with you!"

"You can't baby." Sadie just picks Deja up and leaves. Everyone leaves for the night and it's just me and my little Kapri. Ryan's parents Alex, Aurora come by to see me and Kapri.

"What did you name her?"

"Kapri Alexis."

"Did you tell Ryan?"

"No I haven't talked to him since I filed for divorce."

"You should let him know that you had Kapri."

"I will."

"I really wish you two would work it out."

"I can't be with someone who beats on me and what makes it worse is that I was pregnant with Kapri when he was beating on me. Not only was he hurting me he was hurting his unborn child."

"I understand if you ever need anything just let us know you will always be part of the family."

"Thanks Alex, Aurora." I let them hold Kapri. They leave and I go to bed.

The next morning.

We get discharged and my mom is going to stay with me for a while so I have help with the kids because Kapri is going to need most of my attention. I get home and the kids are so excited. Kapri's room is a purple theme with white. I text Ryan a picture of Kapri. Ryan calls me and I answer.

"When did you have the baby?!"

"The baby has a name and her name is Kapri. I had her yesterday."

"When can I see the kids?"

"When are you going to sign the divorce papers?"

"Riley I don't want a divorce."

"Well I don't I don't want to be with a guy that beats me."

"I will sign the papers."

"Thank you." Kapri starts crying and Malik starts crying because he thinks he hurt Kapri.

"Ryan I have to go." I hang up and put my phone down. I pick up Kapri and calm her down.