Chapter 12

The next morning

We get ready and go house hunting. We are house hunting for hours.

"Mommy I'm hungry."

"I know baby we will go eat soon." Ryan and I decide on the six bedroom, six 1/2 bathroom house. We can move whenever. We go furniture shopping and get the whole house decorated and furnished. We move in tonight. Tammy calls and Trent wants to have a sleepover. Tammy says she will drive Trent over. I text her the address. They get here and I let them in.

"Wow, this is such a beautiful house."

"Thanks. We still have to move some stuff from our house in New York to here. We won't be fully moving in till I have this baby because of some medical complications."

"If I may ask what kinds of complications?"

"I have Preeclampsia."

"I'm sorry."

"It's okay I'm in the clear right now." Tammy leaves. Malik brings Trent up to his room. Ryan and I sit in the living room with the twins.

"What are we going to do for their birthday?"

"Well, we should start planning a party."

"I will let you do the planning."

"Okay I will call mom tomorrow and we can start planning their party." I go to the kitchen and put a pizza in the oven.

"Trent Malik come eat!" Trent and Malik come downstairs and Ryan comes in with the twins. We put them in high chairs and give them cut up pizza and some fruit.

"Mommy can we have a movie night?!"

"Yes and Trent gets to pick the movie."

"No! I pick the movie."

"Malik! Stop that right now! Stop whining or you can go spend the rest of the night in your room!"

"No mommy it's not fair!"

"It is fair you always pick the movie it's Trent's turn." Malik pushes Trent.

"No! I pick the movie!" I grab Malik and bring him up to his room.

"Never push your brother again! Push any of your siblings again and I will whoop your ass!" I leave the room.

"Riley that wasn't necessary."

"Yes, it was I'm not going to let Malik be a spoiled brat and be mean to his siblings."

"You're not going to whoop any of our kids' butts."

"That's what's wrong with all you white people you never want to punish your kids and you create little-spoiled brats!" Ryan looks really offended but I don't care.

"My kids are not going to be spoiled brats and I will discipline our kids, however, the hell I want!"

"So you want our kids to hate you!"

"I don't give a fuck! I'm there mom I'm not here to be there best friend I'm here to parent them and make sure they become smart disciplined kids!"

"You won't lay a finger on our kids."

"Or what?! I'm not scared of your stupid emptiness threats." I walk past Ryan and go downstairs. Ryan follows after me.

"Riley I'm serious you're not laying a hand on our kids!"

"A little discipline won't hurt them. I got disciplined and I turned out great. My discipline was a belt."

"You won't touch our kids."