CHAPTER 13

CHAPTER 13

I walk down the hall to meet Portia in an empty room with white shiney tiles and a beautiful essence to it. She stands at the end of the room and I watch my leather black boots as they step on the flooring. They hardly make any noise. I step until I am in front of Portia and she shows me a big smile.

"I am going to help you find your real talent today, Katniss! Let's start from A to Z order. First up is Acting. Oh ummm I don't think we'll need to test that. Okay, next is Arts and Crafts."

I groan as she takes out beading kits and multiple craft items I don't even know the names of. I take the beads carefully an try to string them one by one. But I forgot the clasp so they all come tumbling down.

"Err .... so your knack isn't arts and crafts. How about Artictecture?"

She gives me a sheet plan and tells me to build it out of old fashioned legos. The plans also tell me what colors to use. At the end of that experiment, my creation looks like a green slug.

"Not Articteture either .... hmmm ...."

We continue like this forever and I fail at all of the attempts of finding a talent. When we hit singing, I'm hesitant to start.

"Katniss? Hello? Can you sing a song for me?"

"Oh, ummm yea, I guess. What song?"

"How about the song Peeta told everyone you sang in music class. What was the name of it? Ahhh, the valley song."

"Uhh alright."

With that, I begin.

"Somewhere deep in the valley

Children are playing

With their little toys

And their little spirits

Roam around free

In the haze of a summer day

Oh somewhere deep in the valley

The grass grows as long as it wants

The grass grows as green as it wants

The grass grows as thick as it wants

Somewhere deep in the valley.

Happy couples

Live their lives

Watching their children

Or watching others children

Boys and girls kiss under the stars

Somewhere deep in the valley

And the fireworks spark

Somewhere deep in the valley

And the fireflies glow

Somewhere deep in the valley

And somewhere deep in the valley,

Is happiness."

Octavia stares at me. I stare back. She keeps staring at me. I continue to stare back.

"I- I think we found your talent."

"No way, I am NOT singing in front of people I don't know! I am NOT singing for the capitol."

"Please, Katniss? Peeta was right, you are an amazing singer!"

"Hush, I am not. No, No, No, No, No! I would be too scared."

"So you are too scared to sing in front of people but not scared to volunteer for your sister to go into the Hunger Games twice?!"

"Now that you say it that way ....."

I begin to cry. Prim would have loved to see me sing. I can imagine her bright face gleaming with happiness and smiles. Prim with her eyes glowing, she would watch me. I'd do anything for her, even if it was singing in front of people. I know she'd want me to do it.

Between sobs I say; " Alright. I'll sing, but only for Prim. Only for Prim."

Octavia hugs me and says a bunch of encouraging words then lets me go back to my room. Tears still wracking me body, I walk the stairs up to my bedroom, slam and lock the door behind me. I cry myself to a half sleep before I can let Peeta in who is knocking at my door, hearing my cries. I wonder what he is going through. Much less than me I can only guess. After wondering that for a while and still hearing Peeta telling me to let him in, I fall asleep completely, dreading when I will sing on stage.

_____________________________________________________________________________

So I made those song lyrics myself and I know I such at it =( Anyways, I hope it didn't ruin the chapter. Vote, Comment, Fan!

Peace, Love and Hunger Games,

Hannah