CHAPTER 5

CHAPTER 5

It was a good dream I had. It was that all my loved ones were still alive. I felt like crying when I woke up. I jerked back, scared. Something wasn't right! I hadn't fallen asleep in bed! A smile curls up my face. Peeta must have tucked me in. Peeta isn't next to me though, so it must have been a nap or a super long sleep. Thinking about my life, I realize we have a Victors' signing in the capitol again today! Why didn't we just buy a hotel? Oh wait ... we did. I'm losing my mind, I swear. Peeta walks in. He comes near me as I pretend I'm asleep. He kisses me on the cheek and I pretend I just woke up, my eyes fluttering open.

"Good morning beautiful. We have or signing soon! Sorry to say, but you have to get up." He whispers.

I shoot out of bed and look at the time. 7:36 in the morning. We have to leave in about 24 minutes.

"Peeta! You are just waking me up now?!"

"It's alright, all you need is one of Cinna's dresses to put on and a quick touch up on your face. I don't think you need the touch up, but the capitol is so picky!"

Taking my hair out of my braid, I look into the closet to see what my prep team has prepared for me. There is a gold dress with about an inch thick sleeve. It hangs right below my neck and the dress it a bit below my knees. They have delicate glass heels, which look super uncomfortable. Good thing I'll be sitting!

*LATER THAT DAY*

When we arrive at the building we are signing in, people begin to scream. I've never had this much attention before! People hold up homemade posters of Peeta and I. They chant our names as we walk up to the signings. I see many people with pictures of Peeta and I kissing, and some district 12 slogans. Quickly, the crowd forms a line, eagerly waiting to get their stuff signed. I listen in on the crowd as we get set up.

"Katniss!!! Oh my god, Katniss Everdeen is going to sign my poster!"

"The Star-crossed lovers are here! They've arrived!"

"Peeta! Let me put my buns in your oven for freeeeee!"

I crack up laughing at the last one. Peeta leans over to my ear and whispers, asking me why I'm laughing. As he leaned, the crowd went crazy, thinking we were going to kiss. The tension cut when he whispered in my ear.  

"Peeta, some girl just said 'Peeta! Let me put my buns in your oven for free!'" I say, mimicking the girl's tone.

He laughs so hard, I think he may fall down.

"Uhh .... we might need our seats here, Peeta looks like he may fall from laughter!" I scream, so the crowd can hear.

All of the fans go crazy and Peeta laughs even harder, if that is possible. I break a smile thinking about that girl. I punch him playfully in his shoulder and tell him to stop laughing! He continues to laugh and the room goes quiet, listening to Peeta's laughter. I have to admit, he has the best laugh, so I don't blame these people. He still laughs, unable to stop. All of a sudden, he tries to slow his breathing, but he is hyperventilating.

"Uhhh Peeta! I think you may need to stop laughing now!" I say, ruffling his hair.

He smooths his hair back and calms his breathing.

"Okay, Katniss!"

The workers come with our chairs and we begin signing. The people say a lot of things to us, but I don't pay attention too much, unless Peeta finds them interesting. A girl walks up to Peeta, and giggles. The begins to smile and giggle at once.

"Peeta, let me put my buns in your oven for free!" She says.

Peeta begins laughing again and I talk to the girl.

"So that was you, huh? Nice joke! I've gotta compliment you on that!"

I give her an awkward high-five as Peeta tries to reign himself in again.

"Yeah, that was me! Can you sign this while Peeta is rolling on the floor laughing?"

I give a chuckle and say, "Yeah, sure! What do you want it to say?"

"To Violet with love; Happy Hunger Games and may the odds be ever in your favor! -Katniss Everdeen ((The mockingjay))"

I sign and Peeta continues to talk to the girl. Her cheeks blush red and she begins to cry of happiness of having a conversation with Peeta. It's so amazing to see.

Soon, we get through most the line and are packed up to leave to the hotel again. Peeta and I smile at each other, knowing we are thinking of the girl. When we get away, safe from the fans,he talks about his adventure.

"Oh my .... gosh! I've never seen so many people. They all came to see us! That girl was .... was so strangely funny!"

"I'd have to agree on all of that, Peeta." I respond.

Just then, a speaker in our room begins to talk. Octavia's voice bounces off the walls in our room.

"We have a surprise for you tonight! Meet us in the dining room at 8:00 tonight and we'll tell you!' She booms.

The speaker clicks off.

"Well, I guess we have ourselves a surprise!" Peeta says with a smirk.

Somehow, I think Octavia is trying to get us to 'have children' . Maybe it was just the thought that she is always pressuring us. It's going to be hard to resist Peeta tonight, and I know that for a fact. Octavia just might succeed if Peeta continues acting this cute tonight.