CHAPTER 8

CHAPTER 8

(((In an interview with Caesar)))

"So here we have the star crossed lovers again! How are you guys?"

"Uhm good."

"You are acting uncertain! You seem shocked. What's up?"

Peeta and I look at each other, then look down.

"Is something wrong with you guys?"

The crowd waits in anticipation.

"No. Not at all. It's just .... um the other day was kind of a shock." Peeta begins.

"Why? What happened?"

He sighs.

"Well the other day I woke up naked in bed with Katniss. It was really awkward. She was naked also, so that added to the awkwardness of it all. Effie walked in and FREAKED out on us! She called Katniss' mother who exploded on us. She asked me the most disturbing questions. Neither of us remember much, though. For all we know, Katniss could be holding a baby right now! I'm pretty sure we lost our virginity that night."

The crowd did cat calls and stared at us with cheesy smiles. Everyone whistled at us and Caesar looked extremely happy. The crowd whistles at us for a while until Caesar tells thm to calm down.

"Well that was surely an interesting expreince for you all! Was that really the first time? Wow. Katniss, anything you'd like to add?"

"Uhhmm well yeah it was the first time. Uhhh now I know to watch out for Peeta. I know what's on his mind."

The crowd cat calls some more and I look at the cameras.

"Mom, if you are watching this, Peeta told me everything. First of all, WHY WOULD YOU ASK THOSE QUESTIONS?!?! Second of all, I don't know how to think about his answers."

"What did she ask Katniss?"

"Oh uhh hmm nothing."

"Come on ... all of Panem wants to know!"

"Ermm okay. My mother asked Peeta a bunch of ... things and I found 2 of them to be completely weird. Um she asked if he would like to um .... have sex with me again and ...... ummm he said yes. Then she asked if he enjoyed it and he was absolutely certain. I don't know how to think now!"

Peeta punches my playfully in the shoulder.

"It means that you need to do it again! Who's with me?!"

The crowd cheers and laughs.

I try screaming over the crowd; "I JUST REALLY HOPE I'M NOT PREGNANT! I'M STILL A BIT YOUNG!"

Caesar calms down the crowd and asks us what we remember. Peeta speaks first.

"The more I think about it, the more I remember. As far as I know, I am pretty sure we did go all the way. I'm terrified that Katniss is pregnant, making me ..... a father."

The crowd OOOO's and then let's me speak.

"I sure hope he's wrong. All I remember is Octavia, a prep team member, made us a date night and she put a radio on the slow dance station. I knew a song and Peeta told me to sing. He complimented me and said the birds stopped singing. Then he turned off the radio, saying the radio even stopped to listen."

The crowd laughs at his cheesy-ness.

"Then I remember we kissed and slow danced and he carried me to our room .... I don't remember anything else though. Peeta, what exactly do you remember?"

I look up at him and he looks down at me, banging our noses on the way. I hear a small crack.

"Ow!" We both say.

The crowd laughs and the capitol plays it again in slow motion on the big screen. Yeah, that hurt.

"Your nose is hard!" Peeta says to me.

The crowd laughs again.

"I can say the same to you!"

I look upwards and kiss his nose.

"You okay now?"

"Much better."

Then he kisses my nose.

"You okay now?"

"Nahhh, it still hurts."

The crowd hollars with laughter at our cheesy kisses and my joke. Peeta flicks me on my forehead and I flinch, not expecting it. I hold my forehead and flick him back.

"What an interesting couple we have here! Funny, cheesy, likes teasing each other, and romantic! What a mixture!" Caesar says.

"Hmm yeah, I guess. Now Peeta, answer my question!" I say.

"Well I remember all of what you said and then you took off my shirt. I was a bit astonished at first, it seemed so unlike you. Then after tha-"

"You are lying!"

"No, true story."

"I wouldn't be the first one to make a move! Everyone knows that!"

"Too bad you were the first one to make the move! I swear, I am NOT lying. Can I finish the answer to a question you asked me now?"

"No."

The crowd giggles at our pointless argument.

He flicks me again and I make a face at him. He leans down and kisses me.

"What was that for?"

"That was for when I listened to you last night, being stupid. That was for keeping me alive. That was for our maybe new kid. That was to show I love you."

The audience awwwhhhhs and tears fill their eyes. I smile with tears threatening to come loose on camera. A tear rolls down my cheek and I hug him. I burry my face in his shirt so the crowd won't see me crying. The crowd knows I am though.

"Katniss, come on out. Come out of Peeta's shirt! We all want to see your face!" Caesar says.

"No. I like it better in here!" I say, my voice muffled.

I can feel Peeta laughing and the audience strains to hear me.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes! I am very sure! I'll just stay here. It's comfier right here!"

The crowd can hear me this time and laughs. Just then, I feel Peeta's arms wrap around me and pick me up.

"Peeta!!!" I scream as he twirls me on stage.

"Yes?"

"What are you doing?!"

"What does it look like I'm doing?"

"I don't know, I can't see anything! I'm spinning too fast!"

Peeta stops spinning and looks down at me. I wiggle in his arms as the world spins around me. The world must be spinning for him too because he falls. I crash on top of him as we wait for the world to stop spinning. When we can see clearly, he kisses me. I kiss him back and roll off of him.

"Hmm, this reminds me of what happened a couple of days ago, only it was way more awkward."

The crowd laughs at my stupid connection of rolling off him.

It's about time to wrap up the interview.

"Goodbye Panem! We will keep up with Katniss and Peeta everyday! Another day soon enough will be another interview. Goodnight Panem!"

"And cut!"

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I thought that maybe I could try writing a bit different on this chapter :) You like? :D What do you think? Is Katniss pregnant? *le suspence* ;D

Peace, Love and Hunger Games,

Hannah