Babysitting with Niall

I was woken up by my sister banging on my door. I crawl out of my bed and open the door. "Wake up! Mom said you are not going to sleep all day." I close the door in her face. I look at the clock, 11:25. Shit, I have to get ready.

I hear more banging on my door, "Shut up, Ezmia. I'm getting ready. You can leave now." I grab my towels and head to the shower. After the shower, I walk back to my room and get dressed. I put on a pair of black skinny jeans and a hoodie. I do my hair and apply some mascara. I walk downstairs to find my mom sitting on the couch. I look at the clock on the stove, 12:45.

"Where are you going?" my mom asks.

"I'm going out with a friend," I say as I put my shoes on.

"Who is this friend of yours?" Jeez, Mother, stop being nosy.

"Niall," I tell her as I grab a granola bar from the kitchen.

"Oh, be careful. I thought you two were just friends," I see Niall pull into my driveway as she says this.

"We are just friends. I'm going now," I say walking out the door. Why doesn't she like him all-of-a-sudden?

I walk to his car and see him smiling at me. I climb into his car and give him a small smile. "Ready to go babysit, Little Theo?" I nod my head and look out the window. We get to Greg's house and Theo isn't that little. He is 8 months old.

"We will be back in the morning. You kids be good and don't make a mess," Greg says as he walks out the door. Greg and Denise were going to a party for one of their friends.

"I don't think he likes me," Niall says holding Theo.

I roll my eyes, "Then why is he smiling at you, Niall?"

"Maybe he just took a shit or something," he says cocking an eyebrow at me.

"Niall, language!" I say as I hit his arm.

"Oh, shit, sorry. Fuck, sorry again. Sorry, I should shut up now," he says as we both laugh.

"Good idea," I take Theo from Niall and he puts in a movie. "Finding Nemo. Really?"

"Yeah, for Theo," Niall says smiling.

"Oh, sure, for Theo," Niall then calls the pizza place and orders 2 large pizzas. I go get a bottle for Theo and feed him. When the pizza gets to the house, we start the movie.

I look over at Niall and see tears in his eyes. Is he crying over Finding Nemo? Theo falls asleep and Niall does the same. I lay Theo next to Niall and take a picture of them. I go to the bathroom and post the picture to Instagram, 'Babysitting these two kiddos'. I hear Theo start to cry. Oh, great. I'm walking back to the living room when he stops crying. I look around the corner and see Niall rocking Theo back to sleep. Niall is softly sing Don't Forget Where You Belong, by the band Liam & Harry, to Theo. Niall has a lovely voice. I walk up behind him and sit on the couch.

Niall turns around and says, "I thought you left me. All alone with Theo."

"Hey, I wouldn't do that. Only because you are my ride home and I don't know where we are," I say smirking at him.

"You little fucker!" Theo doesn't stay asleep for long. While Niall watches tv, I play with Theo.

"Niall, you are a really good singer," I tell him out of the blue.

"What? No, I'm not," he says trying to keep his manliness.

"Yes, you are. It's okay. A punk, like you, can sing well. There is no need to be ashamed of it," I explain to him.

"Well, thanks, Princess," I smile at him and tickle Theo, so he does the same. We are all smileing like idiots. "This is going to be us someday. But we will have our own baby to take care of," Niall says randomly.

What? What is Niall getting at here? "Mmm, maybe someday," I say getting up from the couch. It's getting late, so I grab a bottle for Theo. I sit back down and Niall has put in a new movie, 21 Jump Street. "I love this movie!"

"Me, too." Theo falls asleep on me again and then I fall asleep. Niall takes a picture of us and sends it to me. I wake up in the morning and clean up before Greg and Denise get back. Niall is still sleeping, so I put Theo in his highchair and give him some cereal.

Greg and Denise get home and Theo is happy to see them. I wake Niall up and he brings me home. "I'll bring the poster to school tomorrow," I say getting out of the car.

"Okay, I'll see you then, Princess." I smile at him and walk inside my house. I kinda like it when he calls me Princess. He never calls me by my real name. I go to my room and do my other homework. At dinner, my mom has lots of questions.

"I was babysitting with Niall. No, we didn't do anything. Yes, Mom. Just friends." She doesn't like him, I can tell. But why? After dinner, I watch some tv with Ezmia and Della. My mom, Justin, and Toby were sitting at the table, talking about Niall.

I look over to them and say, "What the fuck did he do to you?! Why don't you like him?! Is it because of his tattoos and piercings? He is a great person, once you get to know him! Hell, Toby has tattoos and I have piercings! Do you like us? Concentrate on what's on the inside!" They don't say anything. "That's right, speechless." I then storm up to my room.

They have no reason to talk shit about Niall. I go out to my balcony, that is connected to my room, and get some fresh air. I need to calm myself down. There is only one way to do that without leaving my room. I go back in and walk over to my dresser. I open the top drawer and grab the small tin can along with the lighter. I walk back outside with my stuff and sit down on the chair. I open the mint container and pull one of the contents out. I light it and I start to feel better. I sit out there until it gets dark. I come back in and get ready for bed. I climb into my bed and fall asleep.

Tomorrow is going to be a rough day at school.