Chapter 4

Everything happened in such a blur. Rachel stormed off. Surprisingly, she didn't run off screaming she actually had a pretty calm demeanor. After that I went to the local nurse who insisted I drink a lot of water and sleep away.

So I did I hid in my room. Every time we had some free time to ourselves I would rush to my room. Completely avoiding Rachel, so the days past by.

As for Lizzy, my current therapist she was sadly still ignoring me until I gave up my story. Other than the terrible food everything was okay.

I sighed. I missed home. I missed coke. I missed Jared. I felt my heart bang against my chest from the pain.

Don't think about Jared. I repeated in my head.

When I heard a soft knock at my door. I blew out a breath and expected it to be Lizzy, coming to tell me something that supposed to change my mind.

I swung the door, irritated.

I opened my mouth to yell, but then I saw who it was.

Rachel. I could feel the blood drain from my face. I was terribly pale. I quickly made a move to slam the door shut, but she stopped me by putting her hand on the door. Pushing it open.

"Lisa, were going to talk about this," she stretched out. I shook my head.

"No, no, no, there's nothing to talk about," I said, horrified. Completely horrified. I pushed against her arm, but failed miserably. She pushes the door wide open, defeating me. She struts in the room like it hers.

She inspects the place before sitting down on the edge of the bed.

"You know you shouldn't be embarrassed about what happen," she said, like I'm going to say sorry and forget about the whole mortifying moment.

"Yes, yes I should," I said, blushing. I was sure at this point my face was as red as a tomato. I close the door behind me and lean my back on the door. I sit down and lean on the door.

Might as well as get comfortable. Rachel looks determined and who was I to stop her. She looks at me through her long eyelashes.

"No you shouldn't," she declares.

I shook my head not trying to start an argument, which would only prolong my conversation with her.

She sighed and said, "I've had worst thing happen to me," she paused and laughed, "like one time this girl spit on me out of anger-"

"I really don't care about your high school memories," I said rudely. I know it was mean, but it was for the best. I didn't need friends and I didn't want them.

My conscious was practically snickering at me.

"Yea, okay," it said sarcastically. "You want friends. Stop lying to yourself."

I shrugged my conscious off my mind.

I look up to see the pang of hurt on Rachel's face. Shes's hurt. I hurt her feelings.

"You should go," I whispered afraid my voice if I speak she'll hear the quiver in my voice.

She shook her head and said, "I just want to be your friend and I don't know when your going to realize that I don't want to know what happened in the past, but I want to know who you are," she explains.

I shook my head and said, "you don't get it. My past is the reason why I'm like this and I'm not interested in having friends. At all," I clarify.

I see the disappointment in her eyes before I see it quickly disappeared.

Rachel's shoulders slump in disappointment.