Chapter 2

"Okay, Lisa, let's talk about you and why you started drugs," said Lizzy.

Lizzy was a lonely person who didn't really have a life except at her job. She was very patient with people which I guess you have to have to be a therapist. She had long straight red hair that went down to her back. Her eyes were light brown. She wore six inch black stilettos and a tight skirt with a red button up shirt that was safely tucked into the tight skirt.

She had on these reading classes that made her look collected and sophisticated.

I shrugged. "I don't know. What do want me to say?"

She looked at me for awhile.

"How was the detoxification?" She asked.

I scoffed, "fucking horrible."

She smirked, "so I'm guessing you don't want to talk about that so let's talk about...your story! Tell me your story," she suggested.

I shrugged,"nothing to say," I muttered.

She rolled her eyes.

"Lizzy, sweetie, I've been doing this job for ten years of my life and you really don't think that the people that walk in that door don't have a story? You would be very wrong, see there are the people that want to run away from the world and there are the people who want to party and sadly you are the first.
So tell me your story because were going to be spending awhile together and I have all day," she said.

I raised my eyebrows. She leaned back in her chair and said, "your choice."

I tapped my feet on the hardwood floor beneath me. It was so silent you could hear the ticking of the clock.

She sighed and started to read a book right in front of me.

It's better than talking to me. I wasn't going to talk to a shrink. I wasn't crazy and I didn't need help. I am perfectly fine on my own.

--------------
When I got into the cafeteria it was like being at school except no one was staring at you. Actually I think I was doing all the staring.

Some people didn't have teeth. Some had very bad looking hairstyles. Some did have teeth, but they were extremely yellow.

I got my food and sat down at one of the empty tables in the back. I slowly sank my teeth in the apple. Savoring the sweet taste of apple. I swallowed with a loud gulp.

"Are you going to eat that sandwich?" I heard a voice from the distance. I looked up. It was a girl with light brown hair and light blue eyes. She grinned and looked down at my plate of food.

"So?" She asked. I scowled.

"Excuse me?" I asked.

"Are you going to eat that sandwich because trust me I can sure use another." I slowly shook my head.

"No, you can have it." She quickly reached over the table and grabbed the sandwich like it had two feet and it was just going to run away in any minute.

She quickly bit into and moaned.

"I've never thought I'd be anymore happy to eat a sandwich," she commented, probably to herself.

I sat there awkwardly.

She opened her eyes and came down from her ecstasy moment.

She extended the sandwich towards me.

"Want some?" She asked.

I shook my head and she continued eating like I wasn't even there.

So I continued to eat my apple.