Chapter 12

Loliza's POV

Zanami and I steadily but quickly walked over to the house given to us by the kyoshi warriors. Luckily as we entered I saw Zuko sitting with Iroh, saves me the trouble of looking for him.

"We need to leave now. I have the information on the avatar. They are heading to Ba Sing Se or so the villagers say. Without any solid evidence our only option is to follow that lead."

"Why would we need to leave right now?" Iroh asked me.

"Because a bunch of pathetic and worthless boys decided to lay a hand on Zanami." I said calmly, trying to not burst out in anger.

Zuko abruptly stood up lifting his sleeves up angry and Iroh's expressions were the same.

"Where are those bastards Liza. Show me them now." Zuko ordered me. I raised a brow in his direction.

Now this is certainly something I've never seen from my older brother.

It almost looked as if he was being protective of her, seeing him immediately spin into action looking to harm those nuisances from earlier.

It made me wonder if he would ever do the same for me, want to get angry for me and be protective, not that I'd ever need his help but simply knowing my brother would have my back.

Such silly thoughts I'm beginning to have. Zuko actually caring about me, something other than Ursa from our family, how hilarious. I must be getting delusional again for being stuck in this village. Just one more reason we need to leave immediately.

"It's fine. L-liza took 'care' of them but we truly need to leave." Zanami said.

"They should be grateful I even let them leave but time is of the essence and we need to leave." I said aloud.

Then a shout came from outside the house.

"Come out immediately or we shall bring you out with force." Suki's voice vibrated through the small house.

I smirked hearing her words, I would certainly like to see her try but I can hold my curiosity for the sake of finding the avatar. I was the first to walk out whilst the others followed and raised their hands in surrender.

The whole group glared at me but there was no way I would comply. I respect commoners and nobles equally but there is no way I will surrender for something I knew was not wrong. So I merely looked on folding my arms calmly awaiting for Suki to speak.

" We heard what had happened with our villagers. I apologize for their behavior towards your granddaughter but I clearly stated before that if they were any incidents involving you or your family within a week you all must leave."Suki said to Iroh, with multiple warriors at her side.

Iroh nodded and said politely " I understand loud and clear. I wish to thank you all for allowing my grandchildren and I to stay here under your protection and care." He waved at us and we all followed him to the entrance of the village.

Whilst we were 'escorted' by Suki and the warriors I looked up at the statue of kyoshi. I heard from nearby villagers that another village used to burn her statue every year, how ungrateful people can be towards someone who dedicated their entire life for their nation.

Kyoshi was the only woman I'd come to respect due to the history of what she did and how fearsome she was during her time as the avatar.

"I hope you all have a safe journey" Suki spoke as we reached the entrance of the village. Zanami and Iroh said their goodbyes to the villagers who made them feel welcome during our stay. Zuko and I stood side by side waiting for them. When they finally said their last goodbyes I felt small little arms grab my leg.