Chapter 3

Frustrated and confused, Loliza stormed off towards her little sanctuary, otherwise known as her bedroom. Slamming the door shut, she began to frantically pace back and forth across the room thinking about what she swore was her mothers voice mere moments ago.

"Agni, what was that? Why must I think about that woman of all people right now?!'' Liza thought confused.

Liza could never remember any moments she shared with her mother which weren't of her and Azula getting yelled at accusingly of harming their older brother or anyone at all. Or of seeing Ursas' looks of disappointment all the time. 

But now all of a sudden hearing the word 'love' with her distinct voice appear out of nowhere made Loliza believe she was beginning to lose her mind.

Do not be delusion Loliza. She never loved you. If Ursa did, then she would have taken you and your siblings with her, away from Ozai. Loliza thoughts began to darken, never liking the idea of thinking of the woman who abandoned her.  

She unconsciously began crack her knuckles, a habit she developed as a child when loliza ever felt conflicted in her thoughts which never really happened. Thinking about her mother, Liza thought about that faithful day that led to her to live on a war ship for the past 3 years.

..............................

*Flashback*

Loliza and Azula walked into the war room walking in front of every war official trying to get a good view of the Agni Kai Zuko was going to participate in soon.

Concerned Loliza searched the room filled with officials and veteran soldiers, looking for Zuko until she finally spotted him standing on the far side of the room from where she and Azula were standing, unaware of their uncle Iroh standing behind them. 

Loliza feared for her brother as she knew he was not a skilled fire bender and had a timid personality which Ozai greatly disliked. She was also annoyed at Zuko for being so stupid as to interrupt during a war meeting. Why must her brother always get into trouble with their father?

Lost in her thoughts, the room suddenly became so quiet meaning the show down was about to begin. Taking a deep breath, the young girl silently hoped Zuko would only get mildly injured by the war official he offended but knew deep down that that was only wishful thinking. 

Growing up in the palace, she knew her people were merciless to anyone who showed disrespect to any high officials or noble people,especially in the presence of the fire lord, no matter who the offender was.

Zuko nervously stretched waiting to face his opponent yet the man did not show up. Moments later the room was still filled with silence. That was until Ozai showed up. Loliza froze.

No. No surely it can't be. She feared staring at their father as he removed his robe, wearing only his long pants glaring at Zuko.

"Fight me boy." Ozai growled.

Brother please. Whatever you do. I beg you, please do not bow down to Ozai. Loliza desperately thought growing more anxious by the second, hoping her brother will do well to remember exactly how prideful their people can be, to never submit defeat and to never ever surrender to anyone.

Wishful thinking once again as Zuko immediately kowtowed to Ozai refusing to raise a hand against their father. In an instant, her heart dropped seeing Zukos actions.

Why are you submitting Zuko!? Stand up! Fight! Do something! You're being a disgrace in front of everyone. Ozai will not forgive you if you do not fight back! She screamed in her mind wanting to shout at Zuko.