Chapter 21

Dreams, something I used to cherish as a child were now nothing but constant reminders of those who I wish to forget. I used to think dreams were a way from me to escape the walls of palace in which I grew up in, but now they have the complete opposite affect.

I am always reminded of how weak and vulnerable I was as a small child. I am reminded that those men have always left their mark on me, no matter how much I wanted that day erased from my memories I simply cannot escape.

I awoke with sweat all over my body, with the sheets sticking to my skin. I groaned in disgust as I threw the sheet from my bed and began to prepare for a new, hopefully less stressful day then the last.

I walked along the hallways of an unfamiliar palace and was greeted by none other then Azula who was glaring intensely at me. I sat on the cold stone throne and leaned against my arm awaiting for her to speak.

"This is impossible. Why can't I beat you in this stupid bet. You must have cheated knowing how you are."

She continued to ramble on with May looking disinterested as usual and Ty Lee having a large grin on her face too. I too grew tired of Azula's continuous complaining and silenced her on the spot.

"They attacked Shio."

That was all that was needed to be said and Azula shut her mouth in a instant. I stared right into my sister's eyes to see a fire ignite in her eyes, meaning Azula also may have had a soft spot for Shio.

"Why are they still breathing then. Show me where the rest of their useless group of earth benders are", she growled and I replied without a hurry.

"Every person involved in the attack is no longer among the living".

"Good".

Azula seemed to look hesitant and yet I could read her mind easily. I gave a small smile at the thought but mentally prepared for the next words I would speak.

"She is safe but I had to leave her in the care of the water girl".

Azula yelled in annoyance as she blasted blue fire into my direction. I easily jumped out of harms way, although whether or not she intended to actually harm me I was not certain.

"You LEFT her with those peasants! You could have captured the avatar and made father proud! And the war you want to stop would have ended too", she spoke calmly yet the fire flowing rapidly around her says otherwise.

"I made a choice, a choice to save Shio and you will not lecture me about honour regarding that man", I now stood already tired of her complaints.

But knowing her personality being almost identical to mine she did not back down and instead walked towards me.

"Father will pull back our forces if the avatar is captured and the war will be over, just like you've always wanted, even you should have known that Shio would be fine and just capture the fools."she continued to speak, wearing my patience thin.

" Your top and only priority should have been the avatar", she stated as if it was common sense to do so.

The idea of ever seeing my somewhat caring sister was vanishing more rapidly as she continued to say Ozai this and Ozai that, trying to say how happy he would be if we brought Aang back to the fire nation.

"The day I believe the words leaving your mouth is the day he will accept Zuko as his son and we both know that day will never come".

That remark actually made her laugh before forming lightning in her hand throwing it my way. I stood still placing my hand in front of me to receive the attack. I took a step back and redirected it a metre from where she stood.