Chapter 2

Chapter 2 \\ Scorose - My Father Won't Hear About This \\ WICELA

Disclaimer: I do not own the Harry Potter series nor everything that comes with it. The rights go to J.K. Rowling. The only thing I own are the plotholes in her stories that I filled with my imagination.

Updated: November 15 (2016)

•  •  •

When school started, everyone slowly got used to the whole 'going to school'-thing again. Rose spent, as usual, most of her time learning with Albus in the library. Sometimes his little sister Lily joined them, but as she was two years younger, she didn't have quite that much exams as Rose and Albus had. Everything had been somewhat the same as the previous year, except for getting a bit more homework. Rose never thought of this as a problem. On the contrary, this had been one of the more positive things. More homework meant she had less time for other people to interfere with her life and with that, she'd become a lot more quiet. Hugo joked she was probably spying on everyone. Rose always laughed it off, but the truth was, he couldn't be more right. She discovered it was actually fun to be a bit more quiet, to pay more attention to other people. She'd heard loads of stories of her parents's classmates who had children around Rose's age and sometimes she could totally link those stories with their children. Take Joe Finnigan for example, he was the son of Seamus Finnigan in all ways possible; he was the same cute, clumsy and fire-addicted guy as his father once was. Her mother told her about Seamus and had always said that even though she thought he was cute, she'd never really fallen for the guy. Rose, however, blushed immediately the minute Joe tried to contact her. Also Lorcan and Lysander Scamander were as much in love with herbology as their father, Rolf Scamander, and sometimes as vague and quirky as their mother Luna Scamander. These kind of stories made Rose question herself. Was it visible to them she was her parents child? Would they think Rose had the same war hero instinct? Would she ever be brave like them sometime?
If it hadn't been for Albus, she would've been stuck in her own head for probably even more hours.
"ROSE!" he shouted, waving with his hand in front of her head.

"Earth to Rosie?" he joked, when she finally looked up.

"What's up Albus?" she said yawning. The more she was thinking, the less she slept and apparently this was the time her body was telling her to stop.

"What's up? I've been looking for you and shouting at you for an hour? Where are you with your thoughts? Hugo says it has something to do with Scorpius, but I don't believe him. You don't even like him! Or do you? Please tell me you suddenly changed your mind and do like him?" Albus said hopeful. This was a disaster. She rolled with her eyes and shook her head.

"No of course not, there's no cure for that. Why were you looking for me anyways?" she asked. Albus sounded a bit urgent so something had to be wrong.

"Well, you probably haven't noticed, but Lily and Lucy have been fighting all summer about Sean and Colin. You know how they love the twin, but it seems like Sean is in love with Goyle. Can you actually believe that? Well, actually, Roxanne dared to date Zabini of course, but that's not what I wanted to say. What I came to tell you was that Lucy sent an Howler to Lily about girl code and something like that and now Lily is writing an Howler back and I really, really need you now," Albus blurted out. Sean and Colin were the Thomas twins and probably the hottest twins out there. They had whole mystery-package around them and everybody always thought they were much older than they actually were. This was also why Lucy, who was two years older than the twins, had fallen for them - or rather, for Sean. Lily was completely crazy about Colin, so nobody really understood why the cousins were fighting about them, except for Rose. You didn't want to your crush's twin to be your cousin's crush. It would make everything so complicated! This was also why Rose was asked to do something. She was as good in making her parents fighting as she was in keeping peace between her cousins. A strange combination, but Rose said it was because her parents were too grown-up.