•• Epilogue ••

IMPORTANT A/N: After reading the epilogue, make sure to read the author's note in the next chapter.

IT IS REALLY IMPORTANT!!!

And thanks to ImmortalSoul51 for the cover below. It really goes well with this chapter.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

*SIX MONTHS LATER*

The evening wind from the window falls on my face, as I decelerate the car, gradually. My fingers reach the radio to turn it off, but stop when I hear the line that Selena Gomez sings.

This is a modern fairy tale,
No happy endings,
No wind and no sails,
But I can't imagine a life without,
Breathless moments,
Breaking me down.

I smile at this.

If these lines had to refer to my story, then I reject them. My story has not ended, and I'm happy.

However, I do agree that a life without breathless and sad moments, really is, unimaginable.

I park the car at the side of the road, not wanting it to even be a non-living interruption, as always. Then I start marching down towards the place that has been my most beloved in these six months, and that I visit everyday.

I can see now, and I've learned a lot in these few months, realistically and metaphorically.

Also, I've learnt driving.

At first, my parents did not leave me out alone, as they thought I was new to all of this. But now they have understood that I need to be independent. I can't depend on them for my whole life, specially now, that I can see.

And I can't even forget the person who sacrificed his life for this.

I finally reach the seashore.

The same one I used to dream of.

I take off my shoes a little further from the water and march towards it.

The water comes, touches my feet like it's a naughty little child and runs away. The wind starts blowing and the sun is setting, painting the sky with its shade of red.

I. sit down.

And then he comes, sits down beside me and softly grabs my hand. I land my head on his shoulder, like I do everyday I meet him here. And we stay like this for hours.