•• 09 ••

I was in a dark room. There may be some light in here but my eyes always saw the darkness, as this is only what they were made to see. Or so, I believed.

But soon, the darkness was replaced by light.

Soon, I realized I stood on a shore, at the time of sunset. The view of the sun disappearing into the sea, being a mesmerizing sight. Then, I felt someone softly take my hand into theirs. But before I could see the face, someone gripped me tightly from the elbow and started dragging me along, furiously.

"L-leave me! Where are you taking me. Leave me. Help!" I screamed.

Then, my eyes flew open as someone punched me on the arm.

I found Trevor looking at me with a frown.

Phew, It was a dream.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him.

"Watching the crazy duties you perform in your dreams," he shot as I sat up on the bed-Bed?

I'm hundred percent sure I didn't sleep on a bed.

I pressed the surface I was sitting on, in order to distinguish it and it really was a bed.

"Is this a bed?" I asked, still pressing the bed.

"Yes," he replied, monotone.

"I didn't sleep on a bed, I remember." I was surprised.

"I know,"

"So how come I'm on a bed now?"

"I felt some pity on you as you had slept on a hard floor. So, I brought you here."

Pity and Trevor Scofield? Probably, not a good combination.

"I wish this pity was felt before." I said sarcastically.

"Go back to sleep. We have to leave tomorrow." He said.

"Leave? Where to?"

"You don't want to go home?" He asked, still in the same, cold manner.

"What? You are taking me home?" I sat up, enthusiastically.

"Yes, Now go to sleep. And don't expect anything," he said as he walked away.

What was that suppose to mean?

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

I opened my eyes. I knew it was morning. Just as I sat up, I felt two feelings at a time.

First, my stomach was empty and I was so damn hungry. I wish I had taken the food he had brought for me last night. And secondly, my hair was a mess.

I started fixing my morning tangles with my hands and, like I expected, I heard someone walking towards my room.

The door opened and I knew it was Trevor. So I ignored him.

This is not ego. It's self respect.

Well, I may have ignored him but not the smell of the food.

"Your breakfast," he said, after clearing his throat to catch my attention.

"I don't need it," I lied.

"I'll get you a hairbrush if you need," he said as he watched me untangle my hair.

"I don't need that either," I said as I fixed the last tangle and faced him. He was still standing at the doorstep.

"You can see your hair?"

And now, for the first time he asked something like that. However, his face was still blank.

He started walking inside the room with the tray in his hands.

"No, But I do know that I have hair on my head."

"Take your breakfast. We have to leave then." He said while placing the breakfast on my bed.

"I don't need it. We better leave immediately." I lied again.

"What's the rush to death?" He asked, his eyes cold.

Does he even smile?

"Death?"

"Yes, death. Many people are after us and I'm sure one of us is going to die, and the other will reach back home, safe." He said.

His words scared me. In case if one of us had to face death, it would obviously be me. Trevor was strong enough to defend himself and I was not.

"Take the breakfast," he snapped me out of my thoughts.

"I said I don't want it."

In respons, his jaw clenched and he frowned.

"Why are you so irritating. I know you are not going to reach home alive. I don't have too much sympathy inside me. Showing resistance to my words can have a terrible result. So eat it." He said with extreme anger that led to a shiver running down my spine.

As my face turned pale at his words and I'm sure I looked like a cry baby, and an involuntary sob escaped my lips, he halted in his steps.

"Now what?" He sighed, turning around.

"I have always taken my meals with my family around me. I never ate alone." My voice cracked.

After hearing this, he disappeared.

He appeared back after a few seconds with another tray of food in his hands, and sat with me.

"Would you eat now?" He asked, his expression placid. But he did not have that coldness in him right now.

Though, he had done wrong with me, I still smiled at him and finally ate after starving for more than twenty-four hours.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

A/N: Sup, you beautiful people. Hope you enjoyed the chapter.

So, what do you think of Trevor now?

And yeah, thank you so much to all those people who have been supporting 'My Blindness' and who have shown so much love for this story.

I love all those who don't forget to vote and comment, specially.

And I also love those silent readers who love Trevor and/or Sarah, without letting me know.