•• 15 ••

"Hey!" Ashley's voice brought me back to reality.

"Hey," I said, my voice not carrying as much of an enthusiasm as hers.

"Aren't you surprised that I've come to your home?" She asked.

"I am." I said, trying to sound a little amused and faking a smile.

I could feel her narrowing her eyes at me.

"What happened? You were fine before the dance with Trevor and after you were done, you were dead silent. Did something happen?" She asked.

How does she know his name?

Well, he attended the party last night so he must be her family friend or something.

"No, nothing! I just got a little sick, that's it." I said and faked a smile again.

"No! You did not get sick. I can sense the lie in your words." She said, dramatically. "Now, tell me what happened. Don't ruin the peaceful sleep I have at night."

Should I tell her, I thought. Maybe, sharing my feelings would help a little.

Yes, I had read that when you share something with someone, it may lessen your burden.

"Actually..." I started and narrated everything from the day I got kidnapped till the last night.

All I left was the almost kiss part, and those small conversations between me and Trevor, except a few main points from the ones where he told me about being a criminal, and also about him being sorry.

I told her that the reason behind my gloominess was his apology and the reminder of those terrible days.

Ashley did not even utter a word. She just listened, quietly.

When I finished, she took a deep breath and said, "Tell me you won't freak out if I tell you something."

I sat straight, impulsively.

Did she know something about Trevor? Was she too a part of his gang?

Or should I say ex gang.

"What?" I said, sounding a little too suspicious.

"Listen," she said after taking a deep breath. "Trevor is rich enough for doing all these criminal things but, there's a reason behind that. He is not the kind of a badass you mention."

She paused and took in a deep breath again.

"I study in the same school as him, so I know everything," she continued. "A year ago, in the eleventh grade when he was sixteen, he got a girlfriend. Well, she wasn't an innocent, shy girl. She was not a slutty cheerleader either. She was the tomboy type. She was my friend, not too close, but close enough to know that she was involved in all the criminal things and was a part of Daniel's gang, who too was in our school."

"Trevor and her, both had a thing for each other and they eventually got in a relationship and because of her, he got attracted to the gang, only because it was fun. But, one day, the police found out that she had committed a murder and she was sentenced to death." She said and took in a deep breathe again.

This time, it seemed like she breathed deep only because she was a little hesitant to continue.

"Then?" I asked.

"Sarah, promise me you won't freak out," she said.

"I promise."

"Well, the officer who had found out about her murder and who struggled hard to get her sentenced to death was... your father." she whispered the last two words, inaudibly. But I heard it anyway.

"Don't you know that the guy who's hand you're holding right now, has managed to shoot your father twice. Only because he took away his first girl."

Daniel's words rang in my head.

So he didn't leave the gang only because he hated my father. He kidnapped me in order to take revenge from him.

"My part of revenge is not the jailed companions but something else." He had once said, and I had not considered it anything more than just a sentence.

"Ashley," I whispered, loud enough for her to hear. "Do me a favor. Ask him to meet me, anytime soon. If he doesn't agree, persuade him. But please, ask him to meet me within two days."

I could feel her opening her mouth to say something, as an 'uh' escaped her mouth. But then, she shut it back.

"Okay," she said.

"Hey, lets listen to a good song." She tried to change the subject.
*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

A/N: I am so sick of these unfollowers 😡. I mean, I gained three follows a day before but when I saw, the number of followers had decreased instead of increasing 😭.

I like to stay loyal with everyone, but when I come across such people, I feel like killing them.

Anyways, how was the chapter? Don't forget to vote and comment.

Love,
Yashhal ❤