C H A P T E R T H I R T Y F I V E

-

-

. . .

-

          Damian felt his wolf pant in satisfaction

          Damian felt his wolf pant in satisfaction. All the blood, all the death that surrounded him made him want to howl. But it wasn't done yet. No, not yet, but it will. Soon, he promised and then he will howl. He will howl so loud even the Mother would hear him.

"Damian." He turned his head towards the king and queen, a drop of blood infused saliva dropping at his feet as he made his way towards them.

He let out a chuff of a laugh as he saw the bitch laying with her squeezed heart beside her before his eyes surveyed the two royals and his huge clawed wolf paws almost stopped its descent on the pool of blood

Xerxes was barely bothered by the massacre. It looked as if it satisfied both him and his beast, but Damian knew all too well that it didn't. This was just but a small portion of what kind of havoc Xerxes wanted to rise. The king would not be contented by the deaths of these mice, the lycan was sure of it.

Why?

Because Xerxes said so to Damian himself. The Beast King will involve more than those who lived in this realm and the lycan couldn't deny as the sparse fur on his body bristled from his excitement as the promise of a greater bloodshed echoed in his mind.

And his little miss. The sweet and vulnerable girl he supposedly found in the woods stood before him with little to no remorse in her eyes but her blue-green orbs still twinkled much brighter than before. The hem of her beautiful wedding dress soaked with blood that came from her own kill. She didn't look like herself, and Damian felt his heart ease because at this moment, for her and her babe's sake, she had to embrace Xerxes' darkness and let go of the starlight inside her to shine on her own.

It was a relief, because one cannot completely live with the essence of a goddess now did they?

He morphed back to his human skin and flashed a fang as he grinned. "Is it an awful time to say 'congratulations'?"