C H A P T E R F O U R

-

-

"What about her guardian? He won't let me come near her that easily, especially with what happened last time."

"That's your problem now."

"So you're just going to let me do as I please?"

"Any measures that are needed to be done shall be of no concern to me, in the end, as long as that beast crumbles before my feet, I shall come out of this war as the new king."

-

                    "Greetings! I am Damian, and I seek a-!"

"Yes, we have been expecting you, lycan." Coatl said, cutting off the man's sentence. "Please, follow me."

"Lycans and shifters never do get along." Damian grumbled from his place beside the little miss, which he had affectionately, though deniably, nicknamed the fragile girl.

"Why?" She asked quietly, latching onto the lycan's arm as she cowered away from the emotionless stares of the abundance of guards and soldiers walking or standing around the courtyard.

Damian shrugged, eyes jumping from one place to another, feeling his hands sweat from his uneasiness. "They're just jealous of us lycans being stronger than them."

"For your information, mutt." Coatl sneered as he stopped walking just in front of the main doors of the castle. "My kind pity's yours."

Damian snorted, eyes glistening with mirth. "Really? Because I find that hard to believe as from what I've heard, your libidos are quite, how should I say this?" He pretended to ponder, "hm, low."

"Better that than having the urge to fuck every single thing I see," The shifter countered back, turning to look at him before averting his eyes towards the nervous girl, his frown changing to that of a sincere smile to somewhat ease her. "Don't you think so too, my lady?"

Eyes wide, she first gaped at the shifter before beginning to stumble to form words, unable to comprehend as to what she should say to him, but in the end just ended up looking towards Damian for help. The two men continued to heatedly argue against one another as they walked inside the building, leaving the stunned girl to watch after them verbally fight, reminding her of all those times before a duel would take place in her master's - old master's, she reminded herself - pit, the lycans would spur the other on with foul, and sometimes, meaningless words.

She felt herself jolt from the sudden heat that had suddenly begun to spread from her whole being, starting from her chest, up to her head and down to her body. Her unique shade of blue eyes wandered up to the right side of the castle, a soft whisper in the wind telling her to look. A pair of glowing bloody red eyes met hers before it disappeared with a single blink from behind the window, taking along with it the sultriness she's felt inside her.

Shaking herself from what happened, she quickly ran inside to catch up with her companion; not knowing that two sets of eyes watched from the very same window she'd been compelled to look into.

"You still doubt that it is her?" A deep, monotone voice asked.

No one answered him for awhile, just the continuous tapping of a claw against a goblet of wine from a scaled hand.

"Don't you?" The beast questioned, placing the cup on top of a table.

Norward frowned, giving a curt nod his way. "There's only one way to find out."

The guardian closed the door behind him, feeling the anticipation and the sadness that emitted from the powerful being just inside the room he was previously in. Not a day went by that he didn't blame himself from what happened. Guilt had consumed him and had searched alongside the beast king and his army for so long and yet, not a trace of where his mistress had been taken to. He knew she was alive, he felt it in every flap and beat of his angelic wings, but it approximately took five years of her absence for him to lose a part of his sanity, ripping his left wing from his back, he had accepted wholeheartedly the concept of never being able to fly again.

He had failed as a guardian.

And his missing wing will be a forever reminder of that.

He stopped just on top of the staircase, gazing with amusement at the loudly bickering duo before focusing on the bewildered girl a few steps behind them. A chill went up his spine, ruffling the feathers on his right wing as he further observed the one that claims to be the lost queen and his mistress. He could sense her aura, almost beckoning him to approach her and be by her side to protect her. He could feel the buzzing of his entire body, a familiar yet foreign feeling for him. Norward resisted as best as he could, slowly finding himself descending the staircase, past the lycan and the shifter, whom continued to pay him no mind, and finally, standing in front of the girl.

She possessed the same attributes as her. Beginning from her deep chocolate brown hair to the shape of her lips, she could possibly be a model of what the queen would've looked like when older, specially her eyes. His mistress did have a remarkable pair of them, and this girl right here had a duplicate of them in her own eye sockets. But just as he had said to Xerxes, the king would be the only one who could truly determine the truth.

Norward's job, as of this moment, was to knock her out.

With a quick wave of his hand over her face, she'd almost immediately fell into a deep sleep.

Only to wake up in a dark, warm chamber with the same red eyes staring at her from across the room.

-