It's Adorable!

⌗ ⌗ ⌗

⌗ ⌗ ⌗

The four students emerged from the bridge and made their way toward Hagrid's hut, the Whomping Willow looming in the distance.

Each of the four was stuck in their own thoughts, silent.

Until it was broken by Hermione as she tried to lighten the mood, "Death Omens. Honestly. If you ask me, Divination's a very woolly discipline. Now Ancient Runes, that's a fascinating subject."

"Ancient Runes? Exactly how many classes are you taking this term?" Ron asked, bewildered.

"A fair few," Hermione vaguely told him.

"Hang on. Ancient Runes is the same time as Divination. You'd have to be in two classes at once," Ron worked out.

Iris glanced at Hermione's face where she saw a flash of nervousness appear.

"Don't be silly. How could anyone be in two classes at once?" Hermione played off. She mimicked Professor Trelawney, "Broaden your minds..."

They all laughed, continuing down the hill.

⌗ ⌗ ⌗

Students gathered around Hagrid as Iris, Harry, Ron and Hermione arrive. Draco, Crabbe, and Goyle stand with the Slytherins.

Hagrid was smiling at them all, but looked quite nervous as he said, "C'mon now, get a move on! Got a real treat for yeh. Great lesson comin' up. Follow me."

Hagrid led them toward a small paddock near the front of the Forbidden Forest. In the paddock, a freestanding iron rack hung with dead ferrets, buzzing with flies. Nearby was Hagrid's pumpkin patch, filled with massive pumpkins.

"Gather 'round. Find yerself a spot. That's it. Now, firs' thing yeh'll want ter do is open yer books--"

"And exactly how do we do that?" said the cold, drawling voice of Draco Malfoy.

Hagrid looked.

Belts, rope, Spell-o-tape: any means available had been employed to bridle The Monster Book of Monsters, which all quivered violently.

"Hasn' -- hasn' anyone bin able ter open their books?" said Hagrid, looking crestfallen.

The students all shook their heads.

The class then heard giggling from the back of the group.

They all turned to see Iris cooing at her belt/tape/rope-free book, as it made an almost purring noise like a cat in her hand.

Everyone looked at Iris strangely until she realized it was silent and looked up at the class, flushing red when she realized everybody was staring at her.

Hagrid coughed, "Crikey. Didn' yeh know? All yeh've got ter do is stroke 'em. Look--" Hagrid took Hermione's copy, and snapped the Spell-o-tape

binding it.