It Just Likes Me

⌗ ⌗ ⌗

⌗ ⌗ ⌗

It took Iris several days to get used to her strange new freedom.

Never before had she been able to get up whenever she wanted or eat whatever she fancied. She could even go wherever she pleased, as long as it was in Diagon Alley, and as this long cobbled street was packed with the most fascinating wizarding shops in the world, Harry and Iris felt no desire to break their word to Fudge and stray back into the Muggle world.

Iris and Harry spent the days window shopping and picking up all of their extra Hogwarts supplies, along with new clothing and other knick-knacks.

As it was their third-year, everyone got to choose two extra subjects to take. Iris had a hard time choosing but eventually settled with Divination and Care of Magical Creatures.

She wished she could have taken all of the subjects available, but Iris knew she wouldn't be able to handle the stress unlike her crazy best friend Hermione, who had decided on taking all the classes.

Throughout the weeks, Harry had become obsessed with a new broom called the Firebolt, and while Iris didn't quite understand quidditch even she could tell it was a nice broom.

So while Harry was browsing throughout the Quidditch store all day, Iris spent her time in Flourish and Blotts reading multiple fifth-year level books to pass the time.

One day, she had been browsing through the thousands of books for probably the tenth time, when she turned around a corner and smacked straight into someone.

It was a boy, around 15 or so, with dark blonde hair and stunning grey eyes.

"Oh, sorry!" Iris said, stepping around him.

He held his hands up, "Oh no, it was completely my fault, I wasn't watching where I was going."

They politely smiled at each other and continued walking in the directions they were originally headed, Iris only pausing in her step when she heard the whisper of a thought in her head,

Pretty

Iris blushed and picked up her walking pace, grabbing a random book off a shelf near the back and sitting down burying her reddened face into it.

Luckily, Iris never had another run-in with the boy, as she was sure she wouldn't be able to contain her rosy cheeks. She had gotten that reaction only a few times before, but never had it taken such an effect on her as it did now.

Soon, she forgot about him, too busy fully immersing herself within the wonders of Diagon Alley.

⌗ ⌗ ⌗

Over the next week, Iris and Harry started the countdown of days until they could finally go back to Hogwarts.

They had developed a sort of routine during their time in Diagon Alley; Wake up, eat breakfast together, walk down Diagon Alley together before splitting up at Flourish and Blotts. They would then spend the day doing whatever they wished before meeting up again for dinner at a different place each night.