Chapter 11

Asher's POV
Seriously! Another event. What am I even gonna wear! I sound like a girl. I can't just wear a t-shirt because this event is in this small hall. Not a lot of people are coming but it's not at home.

I open my bag full of clothes, and see my boring clothes. I start to look for my dress shirts, and my eyes stop on a white dress shirt I own, Since I only wear blue, black, white, and grey. I change into my clothes and start to walk downstairs.

On my way downstairs, Nabeeha stops me. "Omg, is this what you're going to be wearing to the event!" She exclaims. "Yes, why?" I ask. "This is so dry, you should wear orange or mustard, it would go perfect with today's event." She said. "Thank you, for your advice." I said as I started to walk again. I reach down stairs and find everyone going crazy. Servants, and aunties are running around with stuff. "Thank god Asher beta you're ready! Why don't you go with Mahnoor to set up in the hall, we will meet you shortly." Phupo said. "Uhh, okay." I said. "Perfect, Mahnoor is already outside with the stuff, thank you beta." She said, and left. Only me and her are going?

I reach outside and find Mahnoor standing facing the other way. I can' t really se her face, but I can see she is wearing a yellow dress.

Mahnoor's POV
It's time to get ready! I quickly take the dress that Hafsa ironed for me. It's very decent and nice. It's yellow. It has net sleeves and a floral border.

After changing into my clothes, I decide to make my hair into a braid

After changing into my clothes, I decide to make my hair into a braid. I just learnt from YouTube how to make a french braid. I quickly make a middle parted braid and curl my bangs to the side. It sounds weird, but looks neat. I take my makeup box and open it. I put my primer, foundation (just a bit), blush, eyeliner and liquid lip gloss. I look at my reflection. Not bad, I think to my self. And with that I run downstairs.

"Mahnoor beta, since you're ready you want to help out in decorating the hall a bit. We are actually short on helpers, I don,t know why." Mumma said. "Sure Mumma." I reply. "Ok then here take all this stuff and go wait outside, I will send someone to take you to the hall." Mumma told me. The stuff is so heavy. I walk outside to the car. I start to look at myself in the car mirror. I slowly start to count my pimples, I know I am weird. Suddenly I see Asher walking towards me. Mummaaa! Why did you sent him. I finally turn. We have an eye contact in which like always I look away the fastest. "Let's go." Asher demands. "Can't, you see I'm holding so much stuff, at least ask if I need help." I said. "That's not my problem." Asher replies, and get's himself on the driver seat. HOWW RUDE! If he thinks he's smart I am a genius. He opens the mirror,"Get in here." He yells. He honks. "Mahnoor!" "Until you come and help me I am not getting in the car." I reply, stubbornly. "I said, get in the car!" He yells again. "And I said help me first!" I yell too this time. "Omg, please just put the damn stuff and come." Asher said. "Omg, just me help me first." I said it in the same way. I hear the car door open and he gets out. Hehe. I am successful in my plan! Yes, Mahnoor, good job. I am mentally doing Bhangra. He opens the trunk and one by one takes the stuff from my hand and places it inside. The anger on his face though. Just when he was about to close the truck, "wait, there is more stuff." Our maid Amina said. She leaves and the next time she comes is with, ten other workers. They all have baskets and decorations pieces in their hand. This much stuff! Your'e kidding me?! Put them in the car Amina orders the workers.

After the workers are done putting all the stuff in the car, the only space that's left is in the front two seats. At least we can sit. Asher and I go to out seats. And I have to sit with a flower basket in hand. What is this a flower party we're having! As soon as Asher starts the car, "hold up Numair yells." And walks over to us. This is the second time someone had interrupted us. "I am coming." Numair said. "As you can see, there is no space in the car." I reply. "So? You can just go later with everyone else, let me go right now." Numair said. "Seriously." I said annoyedly. I opened the door lock and got out of the car. I see Ania Mami coming this way. "Why are you not going?" She questions me. "Because Numair wants to go, and there is no space left in the car." I replied. "But you both are guys how are you both gonna decorate the hall. You guys have no sense about all this. A girl and a guy should go." Ania Mami said. Well she got a point there. "So, Numair beta I think you should let Asher and Mahnoor go this time, you can come with us we are going to the hall soon." She tells Numair. And a mad Numair gets out of the car hands me my flower tray and leaves. "Allahfiz." I said to Ania Mami. And the car ride starts.

Asher drives fast. Like he is in a race or something. It always seems like he is angry, why though? Suddenly the stops with a break and I jump to the front and back. I look at Asher with a 'what was this' expression. "Seat belt." He demands without even looking at me. Ohh ok. I quickly put my seat belt on and he start to drive again.

Asher's POV
We finally reach the hall. I take out all of the heavy stuff, while Mahnoor starts decorating.
She's fast, and neat.

After a hour everyone came. The guests, Hafsa and Hassan. Later, loud music started to play. I walked over to the speaker and lower down the volume. Two minutes the later the music started to blast again. I look over to the speaker and find the person who did this. Mahnoor. She was dancing and jamming to the song. She looks funny. I meant weird. Ugh.

The even was quickly over. The best thing is that it was short. It's so chaotic here. And these events are never ending. But I guess it's not that bad, I am getting used to this.  At the moment I am just laying down on my bed, doing nothing. Trying to sleep actually.