Enchanted

I watched the clock on the wall of the hole- in-the-wall Italian diner as I placed the chairs upside down on the table.

The clock read— 3: 02 a.m.

Being out so late in New York City has its ups and downs, and closing up a diner is an up and down. It's an up because I get paid a little extra, so it pays the bills but it's a down being that it's the middle of New York City in the middle of the night.

Finally, I tip the last chair upside down on top the table and head towards the bar to grab my coat and things. I turn on my cellphone before I make my way over to the door front door, locking it on my way out before heading to my very own "shoe box"apartment.

My phone had so many missed messages and notification that I didn't pay much attention to the side walk ahead of me, I was too busy replying to my roommate. I'm usually the only person I see on my late night walks back home.

Just as that thought crosses my mind, I collide with someone it being my fault obviously. I tumble to the ground only for someone to help me up as soon as I fall. "I am so sorry, I wasn't paying attention to where I was going." A British man spoke, his voice shaky.

"I'll take some of the blame, I was looking at my stupid phone." I admitted as I brushed off the back of my pants. I turned my body to face the man I'd bumped into. He grinned when I did.

"What is a pretty thing like you doing out at three am in New York City, anyways?" He questioned. I blushed at his use of the words 'pretty thing'.

"I could ask you the same thing." I retaliated, and he smiled.

"I am admiring the city at night." He admitted with a small chuckle. I looked up at the man with curly hair and green eyes, and smiled. I didn't feel the need to rush back home with it being the middle of the night, I found myself wanting to talk to him more. He enticed me.

"You're not from around here, are you?" I asked.

"Is it that obvious?" He chuckled. I nodded.

I watched as he admired distant city lights. His amazement like a child at Christmas time looking at the presents under the tree. He looks up as the tall sky scrapers.

"I uh- happen to know the best spot to admire the city at night, that is if you'd like to go." I spoke up to him, he looked down at the ground as a smile took over his features. "I'd love to go." He grinned wide.

"I'm sorry, I didn't catch your name." I said as we began to walk in the direction of the place I had in mind. "I'm Harry." He said sticking his hand out for me to take. "It's nice to meet you-," he paused waiting for my name, I smiled. "Jen." I stated.

"It's nice to meet you, Jen." He grinned wide. "Right back at you." I giggled.

We walked down the streets of New York City, and I explained little things about the city here and there. Harry was so intrigued, and neither of us realized it but we had walked pretty far.

"Okay, close your eyes." I said stopping abruptly in the middle of the sidewalk. Harry seemed unsure but he followed my orders anyway. I couldn't believe I was this comfortable with a stranger but there was something about him that made me feel so safe and protected.

"If you turn out to be a mass murderer, I'm going to be pissed." He said as I walked him into the building. We walked over to the elevator, and I walked him in.