It was clumsy at first, Misha would need a prompting here or a nod to strike there but he slowly interpreted the signs and left a few openings for Kai to fill in. And just as Kai said, the efficiency they exhibited was a lot more than he could have done before. He was decimating the zombie population with very little effort and he started having fun while doing it too. Everywhere they went, decapitated bodies and heads flew about and blood splatter across the field like a macabre version of flower petals flying in the wind.

They were having so much fun they didn't realize they had made it past the front gate until the bell signaling the switch for the next group was up rang faintly in the distance. Seeing it was time to break, Kai grabbed Misha's hand in his and transitioned into a small jog back to the base. Misha let him drag him around, too busy trying to savor the feelings just now. The feelings he got were pretty foreign to him to but he like it all the same. Looking to the hand that seemed to dwarf his own, he squeezed it a little tighter, not wanting to let it go.

Kai seemed to sense his thoughts and squeezed back in return. He also didn't intend to let go. Whether or not Misha really was what he had been searching for didn't matter anymore. If it turns out it wasn't in this realm then he would simply drag Misha around with him or follow him wherever Wyatt took him and keep searching. It didn't matter so much to him. It worked out rather well since Misha had a system with him to help him accommodate the shift into a new world.

When Kai and Misha returned they saw Dylan and Adrian redirecting everyone to their new positions. With the outer perimeter largely expanded thanks to their fun, they had to sort out where the new groups should fight at in order to maintain the ground they gained while not being too far apart from each other in case a few of them were overwhelmed. Seeing Kai enter they quickly reiterated the plan and once thye gained his approval they immediately launched out to fight themselves.

Not only had Kai and Misha cleared a large swath of territory for them, watching them had also invigorated their fighting spirits and made the previously hopeless defenders burn with hope.

Kai estimated another ten rounds of them fighting should clear all the zombies that had come. In the meantime Kai was pampering Misha hand and foot. He would bring water to Misha's lips to drink and was offering to give Misha a massage.

Misha never had a massage before and he was a little curious on what all the fuss was about. Back at the orphanage the nurses would always babble on about how relaxing their trips to the spas were and would try to one up each other on what kind of exotic massage or hair treatment they would get. The octave of their voices would rise to an ear splitting pitch along with their egos as they arrogantly flaunted the money that was supposed to go to raising the children. Now that Kai was offering to give him one he wanted to know what was so amazing that people would prefer to have one rather than provide a basic life neccissity.

[Misha, massages are nice I don't think it was the massage itself that was so great.]

Misha: "Then what could it have been? Was it the spa?"

Wyatt looked at him with barely concealed pity.

[No. The people in the orphanage were just bad people. They got massages and spa treatments because they simply could and they wouldn't even have to pay a dime of their own money. It could have been anything as long as they could use the money meant for the orphans since nobody checked where the money was going.]

Misha: "...People will always take advantage of those weaker than them whenever they have the chance."

Kai: "I don't think you can generalize it to all people."

Turning to Kai, he saw that his eyes were locked onto his figure. He was carrying a bottle of lotion in one hand and had rolled up his sleeves just above his elbows. His eyebrows drew together as he stood with a frown. He looked Misha in the eyes and held them steady trying to get Misha to take his words to heart.

Kai: "I'm not going to say that you are exactly wrong but you aren't right either. I myself don't have any trust towards human nature but the way someone is raised can override the human behavior and drive them away from the darker tendencies. That's why I believe it's important to judge each individual with yourself. You are allowed to have preconceptions of course but don't let them blind you to potential blessings."

Kai slowly pulled Misha into a hug. He held the back of his head and pushed it into his chest so he could envelope Misha as much as he possibly could. He didn't really understand the premise of the situation but he could tell Misha was a little lost and bitter. When he remembered the helpless and angry expression Misha had when Wyatt mentioned his past he wanted to find the people who made Misha feel this way and feed them piece by piece to the zombies. But that will have to be for another time as Misha needed comfort right now rather than flaming vengeance and if that's what he needed then Kai will gladly provide it.

Kai: "Take me for example. I vow I will never harm you or your interests. Whatever you want I will do my best to provide and protect you for as long as my soul exists."

Misha: "Why? Why would you promise so much for someone like me?"

Kai: "It's because it's you. And please, don't say something as sad as 'someone like me'. Hasn't Wyatt told you countless time before? You are beautiful and the most pure soul I have and will ever see. You are pure but not afraid to fight for yourself and you are beautiful but not fragile and weak. You are so many contridictions in one and somehow you are able to make them all come together in harmony to form your existence. It warms my soul to be with you and aches when you are gone. It might be hard for you to believe but I want to be with you forever."

Misha couldn't believe what he was hearing. He felt like someone had stabbed his chest with a knife and poured warm syrup until it overflowed out of his whole body. The somewhat sticky feeling was surrounding his heart and he was sure a ghost holding onto it from the tightness he felt with every beat of his heart. He trembled in Kai's arms and didn't know what he should say. He stayed quiet as the emotion bowled him over wave after wave. He gripped the back of Kai's shirt as though he would be swept away at any moment. Kai gripped him in his arms equally hard, as he waited patiently for Misha's answer.

In what felt like a lifetime Misha pushed his face into Kai's shirt and took a deep sniff. Once he exhaled, he buried his whole body into Kai's embrace as deep as he could and gave an unperceivable nod.

Misha: "Mm."