2.6

Sorry again for the late chapter. But I know you guys will enjoy it! 

At the sound the sniper swiftly turned around and threw a knife at the sound.

Realizing he talked aloud, he dodged the knife and smoothly transitioned into a counter strike with his own knife. He hadn't expected to fight on his first outing but years of living in an apocalyptic world made him develop a habit of always carrying a few weapons on him. Whether or not the sniper in front of him underestimated him because he was young or because he couldn't react in time, the knife stabbed through the calf muscle and pinned him into the floor.

Sniper: "TSK!"

As though he didn't even feel it, the sniper immediately tried to pull the knife out of his leg but Misha didn't waste anytime and threw a few more knives at his hands and the other leg rendering him immobile.

Misha: "Sorry for being just a brat. But I guess in Al's eyes compare to a brat you're just the gooey snot hanging off a baby's nose."

[...where does Misha learn these taunts? He never knew them in his original world and I'm constantly in his head hearing the same things he hears. Where does he learn this stuff?]

Sniper: "You!"

The sniper was enraged but it wasn't like he say anything. He didn't expect the brat to be this good. It had been less than a year since he was taken in as Al's apprentice and he refused to believe he could be bested by a novice who didn't even train for a tenth of the time he had. He refused to believe! If he did then that means he was facing off some kind of monster! He consoled himself that he was just emotional and taken off guard. Nothing more.

(Calm down. This brat doesn't even know you are part of the organization. I can just play it off as being a mercenary with the wrong target.)

Sniper: "Hahh. Look, I know it's my mistake for attacking you. Now that I look closer I can see you aren't the person I thought you were. Do you mind letting me go? I promise not to bother you again. I'm a mercenary and I'll swear on my squad's symbol to compensate you considerably."

The sniper did his best to pull off an embarrassed and apologetic face. He puffed out his chest to showcase the symbol embroidered on his breast pocket. He always wore his 'trophies' when he went out. It served to one, disguise his assassin affiliation and two, to agitate any mercenary he encountered when they realized it was taken from a fallen comrade.

Misha stared at the shameless man in boredom.

Misha: "Has that excuse ever worked? 'I'm sorry I almost killed you. goodbye'. Not even a child would be fooled by you."

Sniper: "It may look like an excuse but what I'm telling you is the truth. My client was being targeted by someone who lives in the apartment you were scaling. The person has a stature and build very similar to you and I didn't expect anyone with such similarity to appear. Forgive me."

Misha continued to stare at the man. Waiting to see how long this man will keep up his farce of a show.

The sniper gritted his teeth seeing Misha unmoved by his act.

(I've already humbled myself enough! Just hurry up and leave already you ungrateful street rat!)

Despite the sniper's thoughts Misha didn't move. He had a lot of patience and didn't mind if he had to stay out all night. The one who couldn't afford to wait was the sniper, if he didn't treat the wound on his leg soon he could die of blood loss.

He tried a few more times to act pitiful and regretful but they didn't work. He then switched his tactic to endearing and friendly but that proved fruitless as well. He finally couldn't hold back his anger anymore and became threatening.

Sniper: "Just you watch kid. Once my squad finds out what happens here they won't let you off easy. If you let me go now, there's a chance they won't pursue you t-."

Misha: "You mean your so-called friends and master that you would readily abandon for the sake of gaining power?"

The man's eyes widened. His mind froze. He could tell Misha wasn't just guessing and knew this for a fact.

Sniper: "How?"

Misha leaned down to whisper in his ear. To the man it sounded like the whispers of a devil. One that could see through to his heart.

Misha: "How did I know? It's simple. You are soaked in tears and blood."

Misha backed away and the man couldn't help look up in Misha's eyes. What he saw made him cold. Eyes that pierced into the darkest recess of his mind yet at the same time were as pure and unblemished as newly formed glass reflected himself back at him. He saw turbulent oceans and St.Elmo fire burning across the water. The evil and darkness staring at him was frightening. He refused to believe such ugliness and cruelty was really inside him. His heart beat with the speed of a war drum. His breath quickly entered and left him but he still felt like there wasn't air in his body. A heavy weight bore down on him as though someone was standing on his chest.

[Misha! MISHA!]

(He doesn't hear me. What's going on?)

Misha continued to stare back at the man, lost in the storm of thoughts moving too fast for him to properly understand. He could vaguely hear Wyatt's voice but he couldn't understand what he was saying. It was as if Wyatt was speaking across a wall or from a far off distance. He felt himself falling. Sinking into the dark and turbulent waves crashing into him.

Just as he was going to be overwhelmed, he felt a pain biting into his chest. He reflexively moved back and instead of the resistance of water pulling at his legs like he expected his legs cut through air faster than it should have, causing him to lose his balance.

As soon as Misha broke eye contact with the sniper, he was confused but regained himself quickly. He decided whatever it was that just happened could wait for later. He had to kill him before he could do it again!

Grabbing the knife embedded in his leg, he ripped it out and lunged at Misha's neck as he continued his descent towards the floor. Seeing the bladed headed towards his vital Misha tried to shield his neck and heart so the wound wouldn't be fatal. Although everything took place in the blink of an eye, to Misha it looked like it was happening in slow motion. The feel of the earth spinning on it's axis and the knife glinting in the sun as a trail of red liquid streamed after it.

(I'm going to fall!)

The blade flew closer and closer until it filled up his whole vision. Until it wasn't. The blade was gone and the world stopped spinning.

(What the?)

A low and magnetic voice caressed his ear.

"That was close I'm glad I made it in time."

----------------------------------------------------------------

https://www.gofundme.com/support-this-small-author