1.10

The sound of a hammer echoed throughout the house. It took a few days but Misha finally found the time to repair the room that was destroyed from the battle. He saved it until the end because he believed resetting the traps were more important and he didn't want to let his "guests" see how they worked in case he ever needed to use them to kick them out.

However Wyatt knew that was just an excuse, he noticed that Misha was subconsciously avoided the room where he personally killed people for the first time. He tried to convince Misha to seal off the room instead but his idea was rejected. It left Misha uneasy knowing there was a room that could become a potential weak spot.

After hammering the last nail to cover the holes in the walls and windows, all that was left was to scrub the floors. Starting from the corner he started to sweep the sides, once he reached a darkened spot he realized he couldn't move other than the trembling occurring throughout his hands.

(T-This...is where I killed someone for the first time.)

Misha stared at the scorched wood on the floor unable to bring himself to destroy the remnants of his sin.

(Everyone pushes other people down so they can get what they want. I'm no different from them, I killed many groups with my traps and with my own hands so I could live. I NEEDED TO DO IT!)

Kai: "That's right. It's survival of the fittest. You are not wrong to defend yourself."

Misha gripped the broom tighter he didn't even notice when Kai walked into the room. He was careless.

Misha shouted: "What are you doing here?!"

Kai: "I was looking for you. We got new supplies and just as we agreed a portion is reserved for you. I was looking for you to ask where you wanted us to put the stuff. I knocked before I came in but I heard you shouting and couldn't help but wonder what was going on. Pardon me if it was rude."

Misha: "Just leave the stuff wherever you want on my side I'll sort it out later. Leave. I'm busy."

Kai crooked his head as he observed Misha: "If you would like I could help you clean. I'm not busy at the moment and it seems as if you could use the help."

Misha violently shook his head: "No need. I don't need your help with anything."

Kai shrugged helplessly: "I didn't say you needed help. I know you are perfectly capable of doing almost everything yourself. What I am offering you is my help for something I know you are able to do but don't want to do alone. Think of it as using free labor from a person wanting something to do."

Misha stared in confusion. (He...wants...to help me?)

[Misha, remember you are in a new world. You aren't in that place anymore.]

Misha was having trouble wrapping his head around the thought.

Kai: "What do you say?"

Misha: "Do... whatever you want."

Kai smiled: "Mm. I will"

He took the broom from Misha's hands and easily swept over the place Misha had so much trouble with just a minute ago. He was stunned. Soon the spot was cleaned without a trace of dirt. By the time he shook off the shock, most of the room was already clean. The charred remains were gone, the bloodstains were replaced with a coat of wax and the broken furniture was tossed out the room.

All in all the room was restored to its proper appearance before the battle took place.

Kai looked in satisfaction while wiping the sweat out of his eyes: "There. The room is as good as new. What do you think?"