2.3

Misha: "Five hundred!....Five hundred one!....Five hundred two!..."

Al: "100lbs!"

Sam threw over another 100lb weight. He was expressionless but internally he was scared.

(How is it possible? It hasn't even been a year yet and this kid is lifting the weight of a professional body builder! And what's even more scary is the kid's physique hasn't changed much! Sure he's filled out a little more compared to when he first arrived but other than that he doesn't look any different from a normal boy. This is beyond science! As expected of Al's teachings!)

Al: "Enough! On to the next exercise!"

Misha: "Yes!"

Misha tied a rope around his waist and started to run. Along the way multiple tires attached to the rope trailed behind him. Seeing Misha run to the other side of the roof Sam finally had the chance to approach Al privately.

Al was always watchful of Misha and had stuck to his side constantly. He could tell part of it was to monitor him while most of the time it was to annoy Misha. The first time the team heard Misha yelling followed by small explosions really shocked them. Now they were used to holding up their food and drinks to avoid the shockwaves from knocking them to the floor while the sound of Al's teasing laughter rang throughout the room after Misha's tantrums.

Shaking his head out of his daydreaming, he snuck just behind Al's ear to whisper the message he received from the organization.

Sam: "The kid's received his first mission."

Al's demeanor didn't change. If he didn't know any better Sam would have thought Al didn't hear what he said. Not getting a confirmation or rejection he moved back to his spot as Misha curved around to run back to the starting position.

Al: "Enough. Start your stretch routine and see the masseur once you're done. You are setting off tomorrow."

Misha: "So sudden. Where are we going?"

Al: "Not we, you will be going by yourself. You will be going on your first mission."

Misha gave him a discontented glare. It wasn't like he wasn't expecting to be told to go on mission but that didn't mean he wanted to go on them either.

Seeing the protest Misha was going to let out, Al left Misha where he stood. It was obvious he wasn't going to take any nonsense.

As Al walked through the hall he sent a quick text to Sam.

{Call in my back up gear and make he's stocked up.}

Greeting the masseur he arranged for Misha to have the chi gathering treatment once he finishes his stretches and before he leaves for the mission. The massage will leave his muscles relaxed but full of energy and his body flexible for what's to come. He ensured Misha will be completely prepared for his mission. The first ones are always the hardest so he wants to ensure that at the very least his apprentice won't fail it because he isn't prepared. The rest will be up to him. Not wasting anymore time he sent another text to Sam to look up the target and any possible dangers and obstacles that can obstruct the mission's success. He wouldn't tell them to Misha unless he asked for it as an apprentice's first mission must be done by themselves but that didn't mean he would stay silent if he thought it was too dangerous either.

(It should be fine. It isn't like he's a push over. With my training he could even beat some of the veterans in the trade...Good luck Misha...)

{Get a background check of the target and intel on the possible mercenary groups the target is likely to hire. And prepare a schematic of the structures the target frequents. I want it in front of me in 0300 hours}

Receiving the text from Al, Sam could see how much Al valued the kid despite the stoic attitude he showed just moments ago. Masters weren't allowed to help their apprentices on their first missions, after all it was meant to be a part of the training process to gain real experience. Sam took a quick glance at the kid stretching his legs into knots and hoped his first mission wasn't his last. In the beginning an apprentice's first mission was supposed to be relatively easy but as more and more missions was issued with the rise of corrupt figures and mercenary security firms, the organization was stretched thinner every year causing the mission difficulty to rise as well.

Seeing Misha finish his stretches he gave him a slip of parchment.

Sam: "Go to this address after your post workout treatment. There, you will pick a package. Go unseen."

Misha glanced at the slip before shredding it into pieces and scattering them into the wind.

(Finally, I'll have a chance to wander outside. I don't mind the training but I've been curious what this world is like. The nurses at the orphanage always bragged about the latest clothes they bought I wonder if Kai would want anything now that I have money to buy him some. Wait...what was his size again?)

Sam watched Misha walk away. He was calm and had a serious thinking expression as if he was trying to figure out how to solve the world's problems. He couldn't blame him, anyone would be nervous on their first mission. He was most likely thinking of different scenarios the mission could be and strategize how to take down a fierce enemy or the best ways to slip into a secure building. And then once he does he will no doubt imagine the glory he will get once he completes his mission. Convinced he was right Sam nodded in Misha's direction. On the other hand Wyatt who was privy to both their thoughts was laughing softly on the inside.

(Is there something that I said that was funny?)

[Haha, no no it's not that. I was just thinking ignorance was bliss.]

Just as Misha touched the door knob to leave the roof Sam spoke up.

Sam: "Kid."

Misha turned around to see what he wanted but didn't stop turning the door handle.

Sam: "Don't die."

Sam made direct eye contact with Misha to make sure he understood the gravity of his words. Sam and the rest of the team didn't interact much with Misha. They knew he wanted the space and they were happy to oblige. Whether he wanted to talk, room to think or company to fill the space they would have done so. He was Al's little brother and the organization considered the assassins family even if they only knew each other through their code names. So they were happy to know their strongest brother was a little happy especially since he seemed to cut off his emotions 2 years ago.

At first they were shocked to hear Al's laugh. They feared the next day was the apocalypse so they secretly prepared for the worst. No matter if it was a zombie apocalypse or mutant super humans they were ready. When the next day came and nothing happened they quickly accepted Al's new change. Assassins had to adapt quickly in order to survive.

Misha looked back at Sam who was waiting for a reply.

Misha: "It will take a lot more than the grim reaper to break me."