Chapter 07

Sick

Hazel

I did not go to university today because I did not have any important work to do so, I thought that I should go to pick up Darcy from kindergarten. She would be so happy to see me. But first I went to her house.

I knocked on the door and butterflies erupted in my stomach as Mr.Styles opened the door. Lately, I've been feeling strange feelings around him, the butterflies in stomach, the blushing and all these types of emotions. I did not know what was happening to me. I just wished I was not being too obvious about it.

He looked like he was just about to leave to pick Darcy up from kindergarten.

"Hi." I said.

"Hey" He smiled. "Aren't you a bit early today?" He said.

"Yeah, I didn't go to university today so, I thought I might go and pick Darcy up from kindergarten. She would be surprised to see me there." I said.

"That's wonderful." He said.

We walked over to where his car was parked. He opened the door for me. What a gentleman. I climbed in the passenger seat. He got in a started driving.

"I'm really glad that you actually think about Darcy and try your best to make her happy

"I'm really glad that you actually think about Darcy and try your best to make her happy." He smiled while keeping his eyes on the road.

"Until a month ago I was just her babysitter but now, I think I've grown too attached to her." I said. He looked at me and smiled. Damn, his smile was beautiful.

" Darcy has also grown attached to you. She's always talking about you. You really make her happy." He said.

"I'm glad to hear that she talks about me."

"A lot." He chuckled. For a moment, I stared at his side profile. A few soft curls laid on his cheek while he was focused on the road. His eyes sparkled and showed a new shade of green as the sunlight shone through them. He looked at me "What?"

I looked away. "Nothing."

"I've grown so much attached to Darcy that I feel like she's my own daughter."

He looked at me and our eyes met. I saw something in them. Something that told me to not break away the eye contact and keep looking. But then I looked away.

"Whenever I used to think about having kids, I always thought that I just want a cute daughter and I would do anything for her. I would give her everything she would ever want. I would make her so happy and I would bring her up so well that she won't ever disappoint me. " I said while thinking about Darcy.

"Well, I never thought about having kids , not that I didn't want to have kids. It's just that I never thought I would have to bring her up myself." He said.

"Where's Darcy's mother?" I finally asked the question that I've been dying to ask him but all I got was silence in reply. An awkward silence.

The rest of the drive was silent. He finally pulled up in front of the kindergarten and I breathed a sigh of relief. Parents were already leaving with their kids. We got out of the car and saw Darcy standing with her teacher. Her face lit up as soon as she saw me and she came running over to me.