Chapter 09

The Past

Hazel

I took Darcy to her room to put her to sleep. I helped her change into her nightwear and then laid on the bed with her. I was really tired.

"Hazel?" Darcy said as I was lightly patting her stomach with my hand.

"Huh?" 

"I had a lot of fun today." She smiled widely.

"Me too." I said.

"I loved the onesie that you gave me. It is the best gift ever." She said.

"Aww." I kissed her forehead.

"Hazel?"

"Hmm?"

"Pwease don't ever leave me." She looked at me sadly.

I was speechless. I didn't know what to say. Knowing that I had to leave this job one day, knowing that I would have to leave her, it hurt me.

"I won't." I said.

"Pwomise?" She asked.

"Promise."

"Pinky pwomise?" She extended her pinky finger out and I touched it with my pinky finger.

"Pinky promise." I said knowing that I will break this promise like the one I did before.

"I love you, Hazel." She said and I felt like my heart just exploded.

"I love you too." I said trying not to cry.

"And I love you too." Mr.Styles came into the room.

he sat on the other side of the bed

he sat on the other side of the bed. Darcy took his hand and put it on mine. I looked up at Mr.Styles and our eyes locked.

"Pwomise me both of you will never ever leave me." Darcy said.

"I promise." Mr.Styles said. I didn't say anything.

"Hazel?" Darcy looked at me.

"She won't leave you. I'll make sure of that." He said and I looked at him. He smirked. 

Darcy had fallen asleep while holding my hand. I slowly tried to slip my hand out of her's without waking her up and got successful. I went downstairs and saw Mr.Styles sitting on a couch. I went over and collapsed next to him on the couch sighing deeply.

"Exhausted?" He asked.

"Yeah." I closed my eyes.

"Do you remember once you asked me 'Where's Darcy's mother' ?"  

I opened my eyes and looked at him. " Uh... Yeah."

"Her name was Sasha." He said.

Was?