7 .:Home Invasion:. 7

I woke up feeling odd and out of place. Sitting up, I registered that I was in bed with the blankets falling off of my hips. Must have been a restless sleep.

It took me a moment to remember what happened last night, as well as how I got into my bed. Then it came to me, and a small smile grew on my face as I recalled Nanuk staying over last night and giving my legs a wonderful massage. I guess he left after he tucked me into bed.

I sat there for a few minutes, just enjoying the early morning sun, and then the horrid events from yesterday evening came rushing back to mind.

Groaning, I gently face planted into my pillow as a wave of fear washed through me and I shuddered. What I would give to forget what happened.

Relax. Nanuk said I'm safe, so I should be fine... Except, he wasn't there to make me feel safe. Well...it happened at the school, so I should be safe enough in my own home.

A very sudden and strong urge to pee surged through me, so I hastily hobbled to the bathroom.

I finished on the toilet and went to the sink to wash my hands, but I found I was having a hard time looking in the mirror, in fear that the scary man would be standing behind me. That's entirely irrational, but he did somehow manage to be halfway down the hallway, so anything seemed possible. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes, then exhaled slowly and looked up.

Nothing was there. Thank god!

Drying my hands, I opened the bathroom door, then screamed and quickly shut it, securely locking it. Someone was standing in front of my bedroom door and I was going to lose my shit. In a panic, I started patting my body down in search for my phone and realized that I left it in my bedroom.

Banging on the door startled me out of my thoughts and my heart squeezed with fear.

"Sarina? What happened? Are you okay?"

Oh god! It was just Nanuk.

With shaking hands, I opened the door and propelled myself into his arms.

"I am so, so sorry," I nearly cried. "I couldn't stop thinking about what happened yesterday and I wasn't paying attention when I saw you standing at my door, so I thought you were someone else and-"

"Sarina," he interjected, squeezing me back. "It's okay. Just breathe." And I did. He began rubbing comforting circles on my back and I relaxed even more in his arms. He smelled warm, like nature, spice, and a man. I loved it.

We pulled out of the hug and it seemed as though he was just as reluctant as me.

His smile caused my insides to melt. "How about we get some food in you, then we can head to the police station. Is that alright?"

I smiled in response and nodded my head.

"Are you positive you'll be okay without me?" Nanuk asked when we stepped inside my house.