The Longest Time Ago ~ Crystal Gems x Reader ~ Finale (Pt 5)

Start from the beginning

"Do you think it's enough?" (Y/n) asked worriedly.

"Probably enough to cause some steam or smoke but not enough to damage the volcano itself." Peridot hypothesized, watching in delight as Lapis controlled the water molecules within the air. They flew briskly within the air, gracefully falling before coming into contact with supposed molten lava with a painful splat.

Almost instantly giant puffs of smoke arose, a mixture of carbon dioxide and evaporated water rising high into the sky, connecting and mixing with the small number of clouds above. (Y/n) watched in surprise as a few boulder sized rocks burst from the top, rolling along the opposite side of the mountain.

"Do you think Garnet saw?" Pearl asked, eyeing the boulders that had flown away moments before.

"LAPIS!" a deeper voice yelled, somewhat British and feminine, "I thought I told you to stay away!" the voice sounded angry, powerful and frightening as more of the smoke seeped out of the volcano, clouding the small group's vision and limiting their sight to only things 20 feet away.

Pearl blinked slowly, hand shielding her eyes as she beckoned the group to huddle closer, checking their surroundings for anything or anyone to stumble by.

A shadow loomed in front of them, almost waiting for the smog to clear away for a grand appearance. (Y/n) could make out thick thighs and a tall build with a somewhat square head. Time only improved her sight.

A woman, dark skin with a purple, red and pink suit covering her body. She wore strange gloves with one finger and a mysterious pair of shades that covered her eyes. Her palms had two gems indicating that she was indeed a fusion and only making her presence even more terrifying.

The air was clear by then, revealing Pearl, Lapis, Peridot and (Y/n) looking hopefully towards the gem, anticipation the feeling of fear.

"So...my vision is correct..." Garnet adjusted her shades and removed them, surprising (Y/n) sightly with three eyes, a blue, a red, and a purple one in the middle. She chuckled slightly, "There was 50 other futuristic possibilities." She began, eyeing (Y/n) carefully, "All of which involved you three," she pointed towards the gems, "Coming here to either annoy me, kill me or actually try and stop the Red Eye." She placed two hands on (Y/n)'s shoulders, the gems touching her body lightly as she smiled joyfully, "And out of those 50 possible outcomes, there was just one, only one, where I would finally get to meet (Y/n)."

(Y/n) smiled at the woman, shades magically covering her face once more, "I know why you're here and I will help you." She nodded to the rest of the team, smiling happily, "It's been so long, hmm? Very long..." Pearl hugged the former leader instantly as she took her place as leader once more.

"Years Garnet, years! I'm so happy to see you again!" Pearl laughed joyously as Garnet reciprocated the hug.

"It's nice to see you two as well." Garnet nodded with an appreciative glance. "Sorry for scaring you Lapis, it was not intentional."

"It's kay." Lapis slurred, hugging Peridot tightly in response. Garnet nodded in acceptance to her reaction.

"So have you two got it going?" Garnet snickered, pulling away from Pearl's hug. Lapis flushed a deep blue as Peridot burned green.

"Well we didn't really talk to Peridot about-"

Garnet folded her arms in disbelief. "Oh I dunno, Peridot?" the fusion asked knowingly.

"Um..." The smaller gem nuzzled Lapis' neck, "Okay so maybe I wasn't exactly asleep when you were talking about love and stuff..." Lapis' eyes bulged wide open at the news, lip bitten.