The Longest Time Ago ~ Crystal Gems x Reader ~ Finale (Pt 4)

ابدأ من البداية

"I don't think Lapis is here." She began, but spoke to soon as a giant water tower rose from the ocean, forming into the face of a gem. The ocean's waves began to crash onto the beach, sand and water flying everywhere as Pearl pulled (Y/n) back quickly.

"WHY ARE YOU HERE?!" The figure seemed to have only noticed Pearl and completely missed Peridot and (Y/n).

"Lapis!" Pearl called out, biting her lip. "We need to talk!"

"OH TALK?!" the face yelled, "THAT'S A FIRST!" Pearl winced at the volume at which the voice was speaking at.

"Please! There isn't much time-"

"TIME?!" The figure seemed to mockingly laugh at Pearl, "WHAT WOULD YOU KNOW ABOUT TIME?! IT'S TAKEN YOU YEARS TO COME BACK!"

"LAPIS LAZULI!" (Y/n) yelled, tired of the unproductive banter. The pupil-less face froze mid-sentence, surprised by the unexpected presence of (Y/n).

"You...who are you?! Why are you here with HER?" The face looked at Pearl in disgust.

"I-I'm (Y/n)...I'm Steven's granddaughter." The face's expression reflected surprise before stubbornly looking away.

"And why should I care?" she asked, voice slightly quieter.

"I- we need your help, please Lapis, there's a Red Eye coming for me and we need to stop it... I don't know what happened years ago but what I do know is that we need to put it aside, we need to stop Homeworld!"

"I don't care." Lapis said harshly. "I-I don't c-care." The water model of the face dropped quickly, forming almost instantly before losing composure once more. "I care – not – don't – care – care – no –I – " The voice stuttered, the face melting back into the sea and disappearing quickly.

"What just happened?" (Y/n) asked curiously.

"It's her gem." Pearl said certainly, "Something has to be wrong with her gem."

The face appeared quickly, a stone cold glare fixated. "YOU DID THIS TO ME!" She yelled, "YOU RUINED ME! LEFT TO RETURN TO MY OWN PAIN!" Water gushed out of the figured eyes and mouth, drowning (Y/n) and Pearl in water.

"IT'S YOUR FAULT!" the voice screamed, water continuing to pour. "LEAVE!"

Peridot, gripped onto (Y/n)'s shoulders tightly as they were all washed further up the shore. "LAPIS!" She yelled, eyes widening in fear. "PLEASE STOP!" The words Peridot had said triggered the water flow to hault, the figure's eyes and mouth no longer pouring water and instead reflecting a look of hope and surprise.

"P-peridot?" Peridot clung onto (Y/n) as (Y/n) stood up once more, hand supporting the green gem's body.

"LAPIS!" Peridot shouted, "It's me! It really is me! I'm here!" Peridot said excitedly.

"But- why are you with THEM!?" Lapis accused.

"We- I need you to come here... please Lapis, stop the water play, show up!" Peridot begged. The face bit its lip.

"No – I – no – I –no – stop –" Her voice went abnormally high before the water that suspended within mid-air crashed violently towards the rest of the ocean bellow. Smaller waves crashed onto the beach and lapped against the sand as Pearl and (Y/n) slowly exchanged looks of concern.

"GO!" Peridot urged, kicking her legs at (Y/n)'s thighs, signally for the human to make her way to the water's edge. (Y/n) cautiously followed her instructions, stepping carefully as her soaked body dampened the rest of the sand.

A blue figure burst from the water's surface, being airborne for a second before collapsing to the water's touch again, the tide bringing the figure's exhausted body to land. Once sand touched blue skinned hands, the figure stood up, deep blue hair with a slightly lighter blue skin, her top and dress was the same shade as her hair. She lifted her head up, a gasp from Peridot escaping as empty eyes met (Y/n)'s. They were pupil-less, the only thing that seemed to be there were mirrors, two mirror like eyes that were painfully white.