Peridot x Reader (Pt 4)

Start from the beginning

"I'm not taking advice from my own head."

"But maybe it's what you want deep down, you just don't realise it." Dream-Peridot explained, continuing to shape the sandcastle with her "hands". "Maybe you want her to be like me, so you can do stuff like this in real life." Dream-(Y/n) went silent as she continued to help Peridot, forming three towers before decorating them with shells.

"I'm just not too sure...I mean-" her sentence was cut off by a giant wave, crashing down onto the beach, the dream turning into a nightmare as the seconds progressed. Instantly, the wave hungrily devoured the castle they had spent their time on, retreating back towards the depths of the sea.

"Dang it!" Dream-Peridot cursed.

"I think my brain is telling me something..." Dream-(Y/n) said as another wave rose. It was bigger than the last one, this time forming into the size of a 3 storey building, it ran at them but all Dream-(Y/n) could do was sit and watch in horror.

And then it hit. The salty water forced (Y/n) underneath, ripping the oxygen from her lungs as she gasped for air, only to drown in cries for help. Peridot couldn't be seen at all. White foamy bubbles surfaced as Dream-(Y/n) tumbled around like the clothes in her washing machine. The deprivation in oxygen causing her to lose sight. Black splotched flickered in and out of eye range, a nauseated feeling clenched to her gut.

"PERIDOT!" she screamed, her voice loud and clear, just like a nightmare would be. "PERIDOT PLEASE!" Even though a nightmare replaced the once lovely dream, Dream-(Y/n) found herself struggling, heart beating fast as her nose filled with smoke.

But why smoke?

She didn't have the time to figure out why her nightmare had suddenly allowed her to smell distinctive scents because by the time she realised it, she had passed out.

It made no sense to pass out in a dream or a nightmare. It was rather confusing actually, it was like dreaming in a dream that happened to be a dream of a dream. Like an endless spinning cycle.

And then voices were heard. "(Y/n)! Wake up!" It was Dream-Peridot. Was this nightmare a prophecy perhaps? A Vision? A slight glimpse into the future? Why did it happen to be as realistic as this?

"You saved me..."Dream-(Y/n) breathed out lightly. A slap collided with her face.

"HUMAN! WAKE UP!" Dream-(Y/n) froze. The stinging pain on her cheek increased as the words registered in her mind. Human? Dream-Peridot NEVER called her that before, and still, something was off.

The smell of smoke filled her nostrils once more as an alarm rang loudly. "Why is there a smoke smell?" The alarm continued to ring although it was nothing like a firetruck's call. Her skin had also began to perspire to her astonishment.

"HUMAN I SAID WAKE UP!" the words echoed in her head.

And then it clicked.

The smell, the incorrect pronoun, the noise, the sweat, it made sense. She wasn't dreaming anymore. The real world, had suddenly collided with her dream and THAT was what her dream was foreshadowing. Her eyes widened as she bolted up.

And so far only one thing fit the description of the collided visuals: fire.

(Y/n)'s eyes snapped open as her sweaty body pulled the covers off, she stumbled out of bed as the smell of smoke clouded her mind, staying low, she exited her room, brushing past Peridot who had been trying to wake her up. She let out a nasty cough before following the fire alarm's ringing.

She exited through the back door before stopping in her tracks and eyeing the scene before her, Peridot nervously at her side. "What. Did. You. Do?!" she said the words slowly, eyeing the alien. "How can someone as intelligent as you, set fire to a SWIMMING POOL?! She asked, rushing back into the kitchen to retrieve a fire extinguisher.

"I may have accidentally caused a grease fire." Peridot replied as the fire extinguisher released the foamy white chemicals.

"A grease fire?! You're kidding right? Where the hell did you find enough grease to set-"She eyed the bottle that was open and leaking on the floor beside the barbeque before spotting the alien's guilty look. She turned her head sharply as she made her way inside, fanning the house with a tea towel. "Did you try to set this place on fire purposefully?" She accused.

"Of course not, I was outside when that bottle of dangerous liquids fell and spilt, I merely shot at it with my laser thinking it was a threat." (Y/n) pinched the bridge of her nose and sighed heavily.

"You don't need to shoot at everything that scares you because nothing is going to come out here specifically to hurt you! This is isolated area, it's just us for a while." (Y/n) saw the look in Peridot's eyes that told her she wanted to make a run for it. "But people can come here if they see reason to, or if you're running around especially, seeing as you can't disguise yourself properly to fit in with the rest of the population." (Y/n) eyed the smoke outside.

Peridot rolled her eyes before heading towards the pool, using her fingers to create a fan strong enough to blow away the smoke. "I have no need to seeing as I'm hiding here." She said as (Y/n) eyed the clock. (Y/n) yawned tiredly.

"Look, I don't care, just...stay in here until morning, it's only 3:30 and I wasn't prepared to wake up early... tomorrow I'm free so we can discuss anything you need clarification with." (Y/n) turned to leave.

"I don't need help from you." Peridot snorted.

"Well that fire wasn't being put out and I think I recall you slapping me awake from a deep sleep to help you.

"I still don't need help." Peridot said stubbornly. (Y/n) crossed her arms.

"What are you? 5?"

"I am older than you could imagine." Peridot corrected. "And even that number is still young for a Gem, it's more than ancient for humans." (Y/n) looked at her in surprise.

"And here I thought being 19 was old." (Y/n) mumbled.

"So see? I am more experienced than you therefore I do not need your help." (Y/n) rolled her eyes.

"Whatever Peridot, good night." Peridot turned around to make her departure from the hallway when (Y/n)'s bedroom door opened ajar. Peridot whizzed her head around quickly as (Y/n) looked at her.

"Can I help you?" She asked in an exasperated voice.

"Just... don't touch anything and stick to that... holographic screen of yours... I don't want to wake up to a flooded house." If Peridot knew what "flipping the bird" meant, she'd probably have shown (Y/n) her finger but that was Earth culture, something Peridot hadn't learned or understood yet. So she just rolled her eyes and took her leave, rudely turning her back on the one human who had hers.

(Y/n) sighed in frustration as she thought about her dream. Do I really think I can change THAT?... Am I sure my brain wants me to? She contemplated once more to kick Peridot out of the house but sighed as the sense of worry filled her mind. Too late huh? I'm stuck with worrying for her and caring about her in the few hours I've known her. (Y/n) shut her bedroom door once more before running back to her messy bed.

"I want to help her..." (Y/n) realised, "I actually genuinely care for her..." She closed her eyes and breathed in deeply through her nose before letting a rush of air out through her mouth. "What have I gotten myself into?" she asked to no one in particular.

Before (Y/n) slipped back into unconsciousness, she heard a very heavy thud as Peridot squealed out a deranged "CLOD!" The girl sat up, tempted to see if Peridot was alright before widening her eyes at the realisation that she DID care. She groaned loudly for even Peridot to hear as she threw herself backwards into her bed, landing with a soft 'poof' into the mattress.

Turning to her side, (Y/n) eyed the clock on her bedside table, the red digital letters printing out the time clearly, "4 am?" she read out load, groaning once more. "Well shit."