Chapter 29: Roxanne

Comincia dall'inizio

He ran his hand up and down my waist. "Trust me, there is no way I'm giving you up. Roxanne, you look so beautiful."

"I'm happy you think so," I smiled at him.

"Now, can you please lean forward so I can kiss you?"

I leaned forward and sighed when our lips touched. He ran his fingers through my hair and pulled me closer. I moved away and smiled at him, "Are you hungry?"

"Starving," he sighed, trying to kiss me again.

"Good, I brought you food." I pulled away. "First, you need to close your eyes. I want to set up the room a little bit."

He rolled his eyes, but closed them. I quickly took the bouquet and placed it in one of his water pitchers and placed a few candles on the tables to light them. I lowered the lights and pulled out the food on his little table. I even got sparkling cyder with champagne flutes for us since he wasn't allowed to drink alcohol yet.

"Okay, open."

He smiled when he stared at the scenery, "You're the best, you know that?"

"I try to be," I giggled, sitting on his bed.

"No, you are."

I gave him food as he started to watch the game. I decided to watch it with him since I knew he missed watching soccer. I noticed whenever I shifted in my seat, Niall would stare at me. I don't know whether it was because of my dress or because he was horny, like what Mercedes said.

"Detective Hunter came to visit me today," Niall informed me.

I looked at him, "Why?"

"He just wanted to thank me for cooperating with him. Hector also stopped by. Thankfully, all the things I did were dropped. He said it was a 'get well' present."

"That's awfully generous of him," I muttered. "He pretty much sat back and watched it all happening."

"He was undercover for a long time. From all the information he picked up, Dominic and Will would've been in jail for a long time if they weren't dead."

"I prefer them to be locked up," I replied. "Death was too easy for them."

Niall finished the rest of his soup, "That was amazing. You're the best. You have no idea how much I needed this. Hospital food is disgusting."

I smiled and noticed a piece of noodle on his shirt and how his face was completely messy from the soup, "Apparently, I can't take you anywhere when you're this hungry either."

He looked down at his shirt, "Wow, that's embarrassing."

"There's napkins in the bag," I said, standing up to throw away the containers of soup.

"There's more than napkins in here," Niall laughed.

I frowned and looked at him. My eyes widened from seeing what Niall was holding up. There were condoms. I tried remembering how the heck did those get in there. I never put them in there or bought them. I rolled my eyes, knowing who did it.

Mercedes.

"You know, Rox, I don't need condoms. We did perfectly well without them," Niall teased. I walked over and tried snatching them from him, but he moved his hand every time I tried. "Oh look, these are made to make it more intense. You know, that's really kinky. You might have stepped up a level."

"This is a mistake. Give them back," I said, completely embarrassed. I grabbed them before he could move them. "I didn't put them in there. Mercedes thought that we might have sex and I guess she put them in my bag when she went to hug me."