Chapter 21: Roxanne

My hand reached for Niall, but felt him not there next to me. My eyes slowly opened and I stretched. It had been a week since we left England and we have been staying at a hotel. We had more than enough cash to take care of us, but the hotel wasn't helping us. Niall insisted we use our credit cards, but I told him we shouldn't. I don't know what kind of connections Dominic had and I didn't want to risk our credit cards getting tracked. For all I know, they could've discovered my new name by now. One credit card slip up could ruin everything.

The door opened and Niall appeared with a bag and a cup holder. I smiled and sat up, the sheets clutching around me. Niall smiled, set down the food on the table, and came over to me. He placed both of his hands on the bed and kissed me. I smiled and wrapped my arms around him, letting the sheets fall down, exposing my body.

Niall pulled away, his smile never leaving his face. “Let's see how you are today,” Niall said. He looked at my body. “The cut is gone, no more bruises on your face or neck.”

I giggled from how silly his voice sounded. Ever since we came to Ireland, he seemed like a different person. He seemed to have more fun and it seemed like he didn't get mad that much. I loved it and I loved him. Our little life in Ireland was absolutely perfect.

“Now, let's see where else.” Niall lowered down and examined my stomach. “Better, but still there.” The bruise wasn't that horrible anymore. It circled with a shade of purple, but was light yellow for the most part so it blended with my skin. The only part that was mainly visible was the center. Instead of it being close to black, it was now a shade of blue and purple. It looked just like any other bruise.

“It doesn't hurt anymore,” I smiled.

Niall smirked, “I noticed from last night.”

I giggled and ducked my face on his shoulder, “Shut up.”

He laughed and kissed my cheek, “Hungry, Princess?”

I rolled my eyes, “Always am, Nialler.” He threw me over his shoulder, making me squeal. “Niall, I need a shirt!”

“The curtain is closed.”

“I'm in my underwear and bra!”

I heard Niall scoff as he set me down, “I seen you in less clothing, Rox.”

I rolled my eyes and grabbed one of his shirts. I peeked through the bags and grabbed a bagel. I grabbed the cream cheese and started to smear it on the bagel. Niall was already on his second bagel by the time I finished setting up my first bagel. “You paid in cash right?”

Niall nodded, “That's your rule. I haven't touched my card ever since we got here.”

“Good,” I sighed. “I don't know how long it's going to take for them to bring down Dominic, but we need to budget. Even though this hotel is cheap, it's kind of eating away our money.”

He frowned, looking up from his food. “We still have a lot of money left.”

“I know, but money can go away before we even know it. We need to find somewhere else that's a little bit cheaper.”

“Do you want to go somewhere with me?”

I raised an eyebrow at him. I was trying to talk to him about possible financial issues and he was asking me to go somewhere with him. I shrugged, “Where?”

“My hometown, Mullingar, you'll like it there. I'll show you around too.”

“Okay,” I shrugged finishing my bagel. I grabbed a coffee cup and drank. “I'll get changed.”

“That was my drink,” Niall informed me.

I shrugged, “Mine now.” I smirked at him as I grabbed some clothes and walked to the bathroom to get changed. I made it a habit to get changed in another room from Niall because he has the tendency to get distracted when I change. Eventually, when he gets distracted, I get distracted too.